AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'm late to the game! My father is set his heart on purchasing a Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-111FD, and I've been tasked with finding him the best price. Having done my research, I've discovered that finding a 111FD is no mean feat at this point. There do seem to be a few places on the net that are selling them, but their reputations seem dubious at best. I'd prefer to place my trust in members of this forum rather than some faceless webstore front.

My father lives in Cleveland, OH. He was hoping to pay no more than $3,500 new (not used); whether that's realistic or not, I'm not sure. He had also talked about the larger 151FD model before settling on the 111FD. Cost was the reason for choosing the latter model. If it's to a point where the difference between the two models is negligible (say ~$300), I'd probably be open to moving up to the 151FD.

If there's any more information I can provide you with, just let me know. And if any of you are able to point me in the rigth direction, you have my sincerest thanks in advance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not sure about availability, that's why I got my butt in gear 6 months ago after I learned they were going out of biz. At that time you could get a Pro111 for quite a lot less than you're looking to pay. Now it may be tougher.

Maybe also check into the KRP500 and 600 models if he doesn't need a tuner, speakers and stand. Or just buy a stand/speakers separately; the KRP's are a bit cheaper than their respective Elite brethren, and availability may be a bit better.

·
Registered
109 Posts
KRP is the way to go if you do not mind about the stand and speakers!

Much cheaper and use same panel as the Signature series. KRP has only 2 hdmi input (vs 4) and no ifscc modes (although a $100 patch is available).

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by radXge /forum/post/17045539

KRP is the way to go if you do not mind about the stand and speakers!

Much cheaper and use same panel as the Signature series. KRP has only 2 hdmi input (vs 4) and no ifscc modes (although a $100 patch is available).

^^^Just a friendly reminder just in case OP decides on the KPR-600M, only the 50 inch KRP-500M uses the same panel as the Signature series Elite PRO-101FD providing the supposed "10G blacks". The 60 inch monitors are strictly 9G with the Signature having hand picked parts and longer factory break-in procedure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.