AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, due to the over whelming amount of TV's available, I'm asking for assistance in deciding what LCD HDTV to purchase. I wanted to find something for about $1k but could go up to $1200 if need be. I will use the set for as much HD content as possible (local cable provider) as well as Xbox 360 gaming. I was hoping to go with at least a 37" display. The width can not be any more then 38" so that we can continue to use our entertainment center. I currently have an 8-9ft. viewing distance. I do not have a home theater system. I am not too familiar with all of the new technologies of HD. Your assistance is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeThis97 /forum/post/0

Greetings, due to the over whelming amount of TV's available, I'm asking for assistance in deciding what LCD HDTV to purchase. I wanted to find something for about $1k but could go up to $1200 if need be. I will use the set for as much HD content as possible (local cable provider) as well as Xbox 360 gaming. I was hoping to go with at least a 37" display. The width can not be any more then 38" so that we can continue to use our entertainment center. I currently have an 8-9ft. viewing distance. I do not have a home theater system. I am not too familiar with all of the new technologies of HD. Your assistance is appreciated.

With those constraints, you will need to go with a 37" TV with bottom speakers. If you want to stay with the upper tier manufacturers, you might want to look at getting a Sharp LC37D90U. It's last years model, but it's feature packed and 1080p to boot.

If you want a little cheaper, then the LC3740U might be good, but I find the aesthetics bothersome.

Mitsubishi has a 37" LCD, but I think they are pretty pricey.

Westinghouse has a decent 37" that you can find at Best Buy, but I don't think it has a tuner, so you'll need a cable box.

ft

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.