AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need major Help I want to purchase a tv that will blow me away in terms of picture quality! I will be do mostly hd viewing and dvd viewing! Ive seen some Plasmas and boy the Pioneer elite 42 inch sure looks awesome. What do you guys recommend for under 7,000. Are dlp better than Plasmas in terms of PQ. How bout Lcd. Im looking to get a 42 inch disply sinc 50 ich displays are a little to expensive. I want to be blown away with hd sources and dvd sources . Dvi is a must and yes i can wait for the 2003 Panasonic models. Please help I have heard that fujitsu is good are these sold at the stores!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys I really need your help. Im looking to buy a HDTV and want the best pq possible. What shoudl I be looking at are Plasmas and Lcd displays practically the same. Are dlp superrior what shoudl I be looking at

·
Registered
813 Posts
That is way to great ad ebate for anyone to say this model or this technology. Some swear on dlp, the new toshiba lcos, some love plasma, it can go on and on. Each technology has its goods and bads.

I will repeat the statement pounded intot the ground that no one wants to hear. You really need to go look at them all and choose for yourself.

The LCOS can do 1980x1080 but I think it comes in at 8k?

-Chris

·
Registered
813 Posts
I personally have watched both of them side by side in cc and prefer the hd panny. There are many ppl on here that for the price much prefer the ed and some that even just prefer the ed I think. I think that the 4:3 material ont he ed looks waaaaaaaaay too stretched for my liking. Personally the 433cmx was my dream plasma, but I just coulndt handle the darn blacks. I wish I could I would be ordering the 50" tomorrow, though I am still tempted too.

-Chris

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
This is actually a pretty easy question. Leaving aside a used CRT projector which will give you the by far best image but isn't a TV at all in the sense of what it demands in terms of set up, a $6000-ish 50-inch Pioneer 503CMX plasma is the only way to go and by far the best value for your money (why waste your time with a 42-incher when your budget will permit a much more visually satisfying 50-inch unit?). I like the 50- inch Panasonic and Fujitsu plasmas, too -- especially the Fuji -- but they cost more than you've budgeted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.