AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are gutting and remodeling our master bathroom. I'd like to put some recessed speakers in the ceiling or somewhere, then, hook them up to some kind of Bluetooth controler. I plan on just keeping an iPad in the bathroom for when I want to access media. I need the Bluetooth to either to be always on, or controlled by something that I can install nicely and put a switch on it or something.

So, anyone have any speaker suggestions for a bathroom, controlled with Bluetooth in the mix?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Here's a little class D amplifier with built in Bluetooth receiver. http://www.parts-express.com/lepai-...source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla
I'm sure if you hunt around, there are others. A little amp like this hardly draws any electricity, so it wouldn't be a big deal to just leave it on, tucked away in a cabinet.
Most any good quality in ceiling speaker should stand up to a bathroom install. Poly cone, rubber surround, powder or epoxy coated grille. Obviously something rated for outdoors would be preferable. I've installed Polk Audio, Paradigm, Sonance, and JBL Contractor series speakers in bathrooms over the last 10 years with no real problems with corrosion. Now, if there's an indoor hot tub of any size involved, don't spend a ton on speakers and just plan on replacing them every 5 years. Most warranties won't cover cosmetic issues.
Sounds like a cool little project.

·
Registered
131 Posts
We are gutting and remodeling our master bathroom. I'd like to put some recessed speakers in the ceiling or somewhere, then, hook them up to some kind of Bluetooth controler. I plan on just keeping an iPad in the bathroom for when I want to access media. I need the Bluetooth to either to be always on, or controlled by something that I can install nicely and put a switch on it or something.

So, anyone have any speaker suggestions for a bathroom, controlled with Bluetooth in the mix?

Have you looked into Sonos? I use the Playbar in my bedroom with the subwoofer under the bed. Great for TV sound and plays plenty loud to listen in the master bath.

Expandable etc etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts