AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Marantz VP11S1BL since 2008, using Stewart Deluxe Screenwall 60”x107” (122.75) ST130/Microperf X2. Just upgraded to the OPPO BDP-103. Dedicated theater room projector sits 22ft away in enclosed sound. The 11s1 has been a wonderful projector. Watch movies in 2D, not a 3D fan until they remove the glasses. What would be an noticable upgrade?

Thanks

·
Banned
10,827 Posts
The one huge thing you're missing out on with the Marantz is contrast performance. In all other areas, other than absolute brightness, the Marantz still does as well if not better than most of the current projectors out there. The Marantz VP-11S1 is an excellent projector with optics only a handful of other 1080p units can can come close to in performance. I've owned the Marantz VP-11S1, among many other projectors. I'd say take a look at a newer JVC unit. The only DLP unit worth taking a look at that I think can best the 11S1 is the Runco LS-5. But the JVC is still better than the Runco in overall PQ.

I see you're pretty close to me. If you're interested in seeing a JVC in person let me know and we can set something up. I also currently have a Sharp XV-Z30000 if you'd be interested in seeing that as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer. I would love to take a look. Overall PQ is most important to me and I looking or more than a simple incremental gain. I know the contrast ratio is 100,000:1 and above. I was wondering if that would help with the whites on the perforated screen. PM me and we can set up a visit. I would like to show you my setup also. TX ER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts