AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently running a linksyswrt54gs

also have http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=643DGL-4500

a for some reason the dlink doesnt pick up my xbox360s wireless adapter..

im looking for something that supports gaming wirelessly between ps3 and the 360/laptop/pc/wii

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
If I were getting a router I would get one that could run DD-WRT or Tomato, custom firwares. I would get this one personally as it has a faster than normal processor in it. Either that one or this one, which is what I have. My ISP resets more often than I drop using tomato, plus I get alot of extra features. Also I think those buffalos posted above can run custom and have read good things about them, egg doesnt carry them so I just stick with what they have as they always treat me right.

Rahimlee54

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm running a linksys wrt54g2 works great with 360 and ps3, wired and wireless

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline /forum/post/15443980

im looking for something that supports gaming wirelessly between ps3 and the 360/laptop/pc/wii

For your XBOX 360 adapter not to pick up the DGL-4500 sounds like a configuration issue. Did you set WPA on the DGL-4500 (WPA2 doesn't work) and set up a new network with the XBOX 360 with that SSID? Also I'd suggest using 5 Ghz mixed mode with Gamerfuel however turn Dynamic Deframentation off.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlecakes /forum/post/15447701

For your XBOX 360 adapter not to pick up the DGL-4500 sounds like a configuration issue. Did you set WPA on the DGL-4500 (WPA2 doesn't work) and set up a new network with the XBOX 360 with that SSID? Also I'd suggest using 5 Ghz mixed mode with Gamerfuel however turn Dynamic Deframentation off.

dude ya gotta walk me thru that...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I recomend the WRT54GL - then reflash with dd-wrt. There are a lot of reasons why I say go with the one with linux, but here the basics, better hardware, removable antennas.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I upgraded my router recently, and there were few threads here about it. I ended up getting the D-link DIR-655. Seems to do everything very well.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
last i checked, buffalo had an injunction against them, and they're not allowed to sell any more hardware.

·
Registered
177 Posts
how difficult is it to flash upgrade the linksys to dd-wrt?

·
UHD Addict
39,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline /forum/post/15443980

The xbox 360 works fine with a DGL 4300, a DGL 4500, and a DAP1522. I've used all those with an Xbox 360 wireless adapter with zero problems.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corejonp1 /forum/post/15455014

I recomend the WRT54GL - then reflash with dd-wrt. There are a lot of reasons why I say go with the one with linux, but here the basics, better hardware, removable antennas.

I used to have the WRT54Gv4...identical to the GL.

While it is a nice, open router and all, it is a design that is quite dated. Its multi-user performance really isn't very good. Buffalo FTW.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.