QS4 (3)

VP100

What speakers are good upgrades from these, without putting me in the

poor house?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not unhappy at all. But the way I figure it, if these sound good, then what would higher end speakers sound like. I drool at the thought.

As for what kind of sound im looking for. Thats a difficult question. I guess I really didn't know there were different sounds.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Go forth into the world and listen to some high end speakers... (e.g. not at BB, CC or GG) so you can develop a sense for what's out there. Go above your price range, just so you can see (or rather hear) what's available.

Once you can clarify what you like and are looking for, people can help you more readily. Otherwise, the opinions you get are going to be divergent and worthless.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
How much are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you like Axioms (I myself have Axiom M60s), have a listen to B&W 703s. They sound similar but better, and msrp USD3000. I agree with TrojanHorse, go and listen for yourself at some high-end stores. Be prepared to spend over 2K, to surpass the quality of Axioms.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
And while you audition keep that in mind that expensive is not always better. Specially speaker sound is highly subjective and a matter of choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.