AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am new to all this recently just upgraded some things in my HT system.

what I have:

Receiver: Sony STR-DG800

Speakers: RF-52 II, RC-52 II, my backs are cheap SP-BS22 (will eventually up grade to matching reference series)

Subwoofer: DT SC4000

TV: Sharp 70" 4k upscaling Q+ 3D TV

PS3 (soon to be ps4)

Samsung BD-F7500 3D 4k Upscaling Blueray player

I have been thinking about upgrading my receiver. Reason being I feel like the sony isn't pushing enough for the RF series speakers. When I switch to stereo mode just pushing the fronts I can hear a difference in power. I hope I am not under powering the new klipsch front towers and center. I was looking at the Yamaha 2030 adventage. I just want something that will adequately run my system and leave me open to upgrade in the future. I feel like woofers could use more power in the towers with these speakers being so bright. what should I do? Keep my current receiver? Or could I be pushing these speakers to give me a fuller sound? Yes, I have adjusted the EQ and calibrated the speakers. 

Any advice would be great, thank you. 

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know much about the sony receivers but you may look at using that just as the pre amp and getting an actual amplifier. I have a co-worker that has those speakers and is using a pioneer and we calibrated that and it sounds great! Or I would suggest a denon or marantz they are my favorites.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have to agree with Phantom....I'm upgrading my Denon to a NAD in the next week or so....Running Def Tech PM 1000 / PC2000 & numerous reviews & Def Tech themselves even recommend NAD....Be aware though that NAD doesn't fill their receivers with "bells & whistles" just good clean POWER!!!!

Good Luck

Carmine.

·
Premium Member
91,776 Posts
With a dedicated subwoofer in the setup, the FL/FR speakers should ideally be crossed over at 80Hz. The Yamaha A2030 is the lowest model that can EQ the subwoofer so would be an excellent choice for upgrade as would the Denon X4000 which uses Audyssey MultEQ XT32. Both models can calibrate dual subs should you decide to add another sub at a later date whereas lower models from each mfr with dual sub pre-outs using nothing more than an internal "Y" splitter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts