AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I could use a little advice if someone would be so kind to help. I am looking to upgrade my front speakers first, then my center later. I currently have Polk T90e fronts (like monitor 60's), and I was think about getting either the Jamo c607's or the PSB image t5's or t6's. My budget is between $750 and $1000 for the pair. I have a Polk PSW505 subwoofer which I plan on keeping for now. I will use my speakers for home theater, but I like to also hear music the way it was meant to be heard. Probably 60/40 HT/music. I would consider any other suggestions within my budget. Thanks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the GT1 towers at that website and they must be out of stock, nothing comes up. It looks as though they would be a heck of a deal. I'll have to see if I can find them elsewhere. I was leaning more towards the PSB, I have a place nearby when I can give them a listen. Thanks...

·
Registered
20,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgncan
I looked at the GT1 towers at that website and they must be out of stock, nothing comes up. It looks as though they would be a heck of a deal. I'll have to see if I can find them elsewhere. I was leaning more towards the PSB, I have a place nearby when I can give them a listen. Thanks...
This is not your average online site.

Send them an Email or call them - they will communicate with you.
http://www.saturdayaudio.com/

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
 These are a bit outside your budget but are a kick-ass pair of towers. I owned a pair for awhile - wish I hadn't sold them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are a bit outside your budget but are a kick-ass pair of towers. I owned a pair for awhile - wish I hadn't sold them.[/quote]

You would think for such a massive looking tower that the bass response would be lower, it is listed at 45Hz. But, I guess if you are using a sub then that number doesn't really matter. But, they do look huge!! I would love to give them a listen though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jim, I found an ebay site for Saturday Audio. Same price per pair, but not free shipping. I think they may offer free shipping on the website, not sure though. I e-mailed them, see what happens. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,336 Posts
Quote:
Hi Jim, I found an ebay site for Saturday Audio. Same price per pair, but not free shipping.
I was getting ready to post the Ebay add - good luck!

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
Quote:
You would think for such a massive looking tower that the bass response would be lower, it is listed at 45Hz. But, I guess if you are using a sub then that number doesn't really matter. But, they do look huge!! I would love to give them a listen though.
Those extend below 45hz - I can't remember how low but I tested them with Audacity a couple of times and seem to remember they got down to 38hz before rolling off. They play very loud and very clean. The only reason I sold them is there was no benefit to keeping them since I don't play music as loud as I used to. My Infinity IL40s do fine for what I want them to do - HT and music. The 8.3s are a very impressive speaker for that price. I've heard a lot of speakers in my 63 years and those compare to speakers three times the price and more. A good sub would help but it isn't really needed IMO. Not much music below 45hz at any rate. As to their looks - that picture doesn't do them justice - makes them look squat and they aren't - they are very elegant IMO. Elegant - tall, and slender - the way I like my women.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anybody listened to the GT1 towers? The price seems good, but they are a discontinued line. How do you think they would compare to the image t6's? I would like to listen to them before making a $900 purchase and maybe not liking them. The problem with asking opinions about a speaker purchase, it is very subjective, every one has their own tastes. I think I will be going on a "field trip" this week and do some hands on research. Thanks for all your help.

Bruce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.