Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all I'm new here and don't know to much

I currently have a 500W KLH HT system but the receiver is dying...time for a new system (the speakers are only 100W and tiny..subwoofers only 50W.

I'm looking for a nice system.. something that will last a while with a lot of power and not to pricey. I like bass so I want a powerful subwoofer.

mainly I want to know what brands are good?

what all do I need/want?

where sould I look?

anything else that might help me.

I've been looking at some sony stuff because they've done me good in the past but I havn't heard much about sony audio... anything?

thanks guys

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find that there are forums that specialize in speakers, receivers/amps, projectors. DVD. etc.

This is a great place to learn and share what you've learned. I'd start by answering the following questions:

1 - Budget

2 - room characteristics

3 - Intended use (music, HT, DVD, Sports, HDTV, etc.)

Once you are able to share this information there are many here who can help you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome. its my bedroom... maybe 10 x 10 in size. again I don't wanna spend to much but have up to $1000... looking more around $500-600. I plan to use it for pretty much anything.. music, gaming, etc.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thanks so far guys but everyone is telling me to make sure I have 150W going to 150W speakers or more... I havn't seen a receiver yet that gives out more than 130W/channel... where do I find one or what do I do?? thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.