AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a 12" db 500 tuned to 18HZ being bushed by an ED LT/350. this setup sounds great but i want more. i was thinking of going to a 15" driver and maybe doing a sonotube. what would be a good driver to pair with the behringer ep1500 for a room that is about 12x18x8. also what else would i have to get to make the ep1500 work or will the sub cable from my receiver plug right into it just like the plate amp?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

·
Registered
7,724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prplnlow /forum/post/12873162

i currently have a 12" db 500 tuned to 18HZ being bushed by an ED LT/350. this setup sounds great but i want more. i was thinking of going to a 15" driver and maybe doing a sonotube. what would be a good driver to pair with the behringer ep1500 for a room that is about 12x18x8. also what else would i have to get to make the ep1500 work or will the sub cable from my receiver plug right into it just like the plate amp?

Avoid a future upgrade again and double what you plan on building.

My first build was a pair of NHT 1259's. I bought monsters inc.....the sock blew up....so did my dual NHT 1259's.Great little subs , but not up to the task.

KG

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i will have to change from just the single subwoofer cable that i have running to the plate amp and run rca's and then put the adapter to 1/4 for the ep1500 or can i just get an adapter for the single wire that i already have running because it will be a pain to run a new wire.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
you can install an adapter and keep your existing wire-just curious but why beringer? check out crown xti-1000 with signal dsp on board.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i havent made any decisions on anything yet i just thought that the behringer would be a good upgrade from my current setup and being that my house is only around 900ft^2 total then i don't need just a massive amount to make a huge difference in my house. so i am open to any suggestions that are around the price ranger of the behringer. i would like to keep my budget to around 550 total.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what if i get the ED 19ov.2 dual 2 ohm and the behringer ep1500 how well would this work together? would be around $500.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prplnlow /forum/post/12881643

i havent made any decisions on anything yet i just thought that the behringer would be a good upgrade from my current setup and being that my house is only around 900ft^2 total then i don't need just a massive amount to make a huge difference in my house. so i am open to any suggestions that are around the price ranger of the behringer. i would like to keep my budget to around 550 total.

The EP1500 and the EP2500 are the standard work horses for DIY subs. Any other brand with that power will cost you more.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prplnlow /forum/post/12881702

what if i get the ED 19ov.2 dual 2 ohm and the behringer ep1500 how well would this work together? would be around $500.

You would have a killer sub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts