AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some opinions or options on a new reciever. I currently have a Harmon Kardon 240, but would like something with HDMI inputs. I now have a PS3, HD Cable box, and a Sony upconversion DVD player hooked up to a Sony LCD projection 1080I/720P T.V. via a HDMI video switcher. The audio is hooked via optical/coaxial to the receiver.....just too many damn wires! Anyway my goal here is to clean up the wires as much as possible as well as provide the best audio I can get. I will also be replacing the PS3 with a stand alone player in a few months (my son will be taking it). I really don't understand too much about the new technologies but like to keep up within reason. I would like to keep my receiver budget somewhere between 500 to 800 but am open to other considerations.

Thanks for any help and recommendations.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im sure a lot of others will recomend looking at the Onkyo 805.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked at the Onkyo's 605, 705, & 805 and like what I see.....but am a little concerned about what I read about them. Specifically overheating. Trying to decifer the differences between the 705/805 and deciding if it's worth the approx. $200 difference. I keep going back and forth between the threads for both and still am undecided. Anyone compared both models?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts