AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://forum.edesignaudio.com/showth...ter-76005.html

scroll down for pictures... $412 introductory pricing. Looks to be a great rival to the CHT SHO-10 (well, introductory i think its a no brainer)... they also went with a folded horn sub. Im glad a company besides danley, JTR, seaton gets what true home theater should be (sorry if i left anyone out)

Yeah this is probably more suited to the speaker forum but i feel like those guys dont give a hoot about horns, and all the horn experts are in this forum. So im just wondering if any of the experts see any glaring flaws with these.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Those speakers look really nice.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 /forum/post/20789785

that's funny. they build a horn sub (f-20) for mk. next, they are all into horn subs?

I doubt they JUST got into horn subs, but maybe the mk theater orders are what kicked them into believing theres demands for this type of stuff... unless youre saying that their folded horn looks a lot like the f-20, im not too familiar with it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt /forum/post/20789881

I told them they should build horns like a year and a half ago but they weren't interested.

Well honestly a year and a half ago i wasnt interested in horn speakers at all either.. MAYBE a year ago but a year and a half ago most forums never even mentioned the stuff. I would say they arent too late to the game considering how horns have gotten a bit more popular due to zilch over the past 6-12 months.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
They were suppose to post it all by now on the forum, but I hope it is on there by Monday. I pm'd Alex but haven't heard back yet on the specs.

He just mentioned it was more of a proof of concept (for the sub). Speakers I think for sure are getting produced for their "Cinema" line...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Wow, eD isn't messing around. Those are some serious cabinets and WAF be damned.

These, and many others, are a reason I like to recommend eD when the bill fits. I'm glad they are at a point that they can take some gambles. Wish them the best of luck.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneybomber
But can they pull off the design as well as say Pi audio?
Probably not... hopefully its sufficient though, i dont know how much experience they really have with this type of stuff. Sometimes i toyed around with the idea of having ED just build me some cabinets for 4pis, or how they should do a collab with wayne parham.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
He listed pricing on the forum for the 12" version. $515 shipped regular price and an introductory price of $412 shipped per speaker. Not a bad price for what you get.

REALLY like the look of them with the 3 ports across the bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.