AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the bad thing is I wasn't on it. I had the A2, the Complete Matrix Trilogy, King Kong and Happy Feet ready to check out at Amazon yesterday (for $302 no less, free shipping) and hesitated fearing the reaction of an angry wife. And presto, it is up to @299.99 again!
Talk about kicking oneself right now, especially cause it would have been my first HD movie player

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donJulioTV /forum/post/0

And the bad thing is I wasn't on it. I had the A2, the Complete Matrix Trilogy, King Kong and Happy Feet ready to check out at Amazon yesterday (for $302 no less, free shipping) and hesitated fearing the reaction of an angry wife. And presto, it is up to @299.99 again!
Talk about kicking oneself right now, especially cause it would have been my first HD movie player

I ordered last week at $296.99, knowing i would have an angry wife, but after i pricematched the $238 price, I had a happy wife
... I would be shocked if the price doesn't fall again over the next week...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs /forum/post/0

I ordered last week at $296.99, knowing i would have an angry wife, but after i pricematched the $238 price, I had a happy wife
... I would be shocked if the price doesn't fall again over the next week...

I thought the same thing when I saw the XA2s at $519. They sold out and have been hovering around $600 ever since. You may be right though as there is a $100 rebate in the mix which wasn't around then.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
When prices suddenly and inexplicably jump on amazon it means Amazon doesn't have the inventory to handle the rate of orders. Once they get their next shipment(s) in you should see the price drop again.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I'm guessing all this $100 promo stuff is leading into another price drop. It is a way to make it look like a sale rather than just lowering the price. I'm betting after the promo ends, $299 will become the newly announced regular price. You can't throw out that good of a deal for a month and then raise it back up and think people are going to buy it.

If so, I think the $240-$270 price ranges are going to be common place shortly.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts

Quote:

Sams has it permanently displayed for $249.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=853787

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

Quote:

I thought the same thing when I saw the XA2s at $519. They sold out and have been hovering around $600 ever since. You may be right though as there is a $100 rebate in the mix which wasn't around then.

That XA-2 went for $519 on Amazon more than once.

Just keep an eye on the Amazon A-2 and jump on it when the price drops back down again.

That's how I got my XA-2 for $519, I missed it the first time and made sure I got it when the price dropped again.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

I know the feeling, I was kicking myself for not gettin the Matrix collection for $20.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapleitez /forum/post/0

Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

I know the feeling, I was kicking myself for not gettin the Matrix collection for $20.

Well, look to the bright side. The $20 set was the Combo discs, which many people are struggling with. Even at 20 bucks, it sucks if it doesn't work, (returning it constantly to get a good one adds up in time/money).

·
Registered
6,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner /forum/post/0

Well, look to the bright side. The $20 set was the Combo discs, which many people are struggling with. Even at 20 bucks, it sucks if it doesn't work, (returning it constantly to get a good one adds up in time/money).

Yeah that's how I look at it. I lost out on a "deal" for combo discs that may or may not work.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner /forum/post/0

Well, look to the bright side. The $20 set was the Combo discs, which many people are struggling with.

um, no. the $20 set was the normal single sided discs, NOT the combo discs

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The deal was for the Complete Matrix Trilogy, not the double sided ones.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks like the Matrix + A2 = 2 free movies is gone too. Anyone else seeing offer still?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickering Hound /forum/post/0

That XA-2 went for $519 on Amazon more than once.

Just keep an eye on the Amazon A-2 and jump on it when the price drops back down again.

That's how I got my XA-2 for $519, I missed it the first time and made sure I got it when the price dropped again.

I keep waiting for the $519 price on the XA2 to come back. As soon as it does, I'm all over it.

·
Registered
403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmitran /forum/post/0

Looks like the Matrix + A2 = 2 free movies is gone too. Anyone else seeing offer still?

Still listed on the HD-A2 page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com /forum/post/0

Special Offer:

Buy a Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player and either The Ultimate Matrix Collection or The Complete Matrix Trilogy on HD DVD and get two free HD DVDs from Amazon.com. See offer details .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak /forum/post/0

Still listed on the HD-A2 page.

Who knows if it will still be there when the A2 is $237 again, if ever. Obviously an A2 or A3 will be lower than that at some point in the future, but the two free HD DVDs with the Matrix trilogy was what made the deal so good.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Just keep it in your cart and check back daily if you want to wait. Amazon tends to change their inventory and prices a few times a day. They also have a price matching policy where they will adjust the price if it drops within a 30 day period. (30 days from shipping!) So go ahead and buy it now and just watch it. If it drops, shoot them a quick email through their automated system and they'll adjust the price within a few hours.

Oh, and I just received my $20 Matrix and it was the non-combo version.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.