AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
JVC NZ8 & Atmos 7.1.4
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I was really digging these two stations and now within 2 days both are gone. I was considering trying to wrangle XM for a price break on a yearly sign up when my 3 months are gone, now not so much =(

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The new Boneyard pretty much played AC/DC at least once an hour.

Single artist stations are why I'm an ex-subscriber.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Boneyard blows. Buzzsaw was cool about 75% of the time. I'm not going to renew when my sub is up. The merger screwed up everything. SiriusXM will be lucky if they're still in business by the time Stern's contract is up.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath /forum/post/15573808

Man, I was really digging these two stations and now within 2 days both are gone. I was considering trying to wrangle XM for a price break on a yearly sign up when my 3 months are gone, now not so much =(

good.... and with the Bridge back im a little bit more happy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well it's all about them doing a single artist station right.

With Springsteen ( I think the first run was better by the way) you at least get:

Outtakes, alt versions, and live concerts.

With Ac/Dc you didn't get anything like that, not sure on the Zep station.

I am very happy that boneyard is back, check out Eddie Trunk's show.

·
Premium Member
JVC NZ8 & Atmos 7.1.4
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mean the one he did for years on saturday night nationwide for free?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know about anybody else....but Im friggin Peed off that Sirius sold the subscription offering Zep radio and AC DC radio, also with commerical free radio, I guess the Sirius adds don't count.

I love my sat radio but, my intrest is wearing thin.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagfan /forum/post/15768093

I don't know about anybody else....but Im friggin Peed off that Sirius sold the subscription offering Zep radio and AC DC radio, also with commerical free radio, I guess the Sirius adds don't count.

I love my sat radio but, my intrest is wearing thin.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM /forum/post/15769932

AC/DC and Led Zep radio were the commercials.

Clever.

But the same could be said for half of all the other music stations, too. Especially any one that plays "older" music.

And that goes for both services when they were separate.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/15770410

Clever.

But the same could be said for half of all the other music stations, too. Especially any one that plays "older" music.

And that goes for both services when they were separate.

This has nothing to do with older music, I'm referring to the widely accepted notion that Sirius XM received money from AC/DC and Led Zep label management to put these stations on to promote upcoming releases. It was payola ca. 2008.

·
Premium Member
7,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath /forum/post/15573808

I really miss the AC/DC. I work at night and sometimes that music just changed the night from dragging to rockin and rollin

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM /forum/post/15770649

This has nothing to do with older music, I'm referring to the widely accepted notion that Sirius XM received money from AC/DC and Led Zep label management to put these stations on to promote upcoming releases. It was payola ca. 2008.

Ah, OK. I thought you were just referring to the highly commercial nature of that music.

Yes, I'm familiar with LZ's "tactics" and stunts - I didn't know AC/DC was that way, too, though.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/15774623

I didn't know AC/DC was that way, too, though.

Well they did release their last album as a Wal-Mart exclusive and also managed to strong arm Harmonix into doing the same with their AC/DC Rock Band game/track pack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Sirius and at first the AC/DC channel was cool, but got tired pretty quickly. Then they played the new stuff which I really don't like. I prefered the Punk channel and wish it would return.

Well, I any many other people complained when the channels changed so keep hammering them if you don't like the channels. At least we got oldschool back.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I love both Zep & AC/DC but I'm glad their gone. They take up needed bandwith. If I want to listen to a single artist I can use my Ipod. What's the point? Unlike others I think Boneyard is a good mix & and am especially thrilled to have Eddie Trunk bank Monday nights.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish /forum/post/15815467

I love both Zep & AC/DC but I'm glad their gone. They take up needed bandwith.

You're naive if you think that bandwith is actually being given back to the remaining channels.

·
Registered
563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/15816071

You're naive if you think that bandwith is actually being given back to the remaining channels.

Perhaps I phrased it wrong because both of those channels were taken up by others that were on hiatus (i.e. Boneyard came back on line when AC/DC left). What I meant by "needed bandwidth" was for other stations that were more diverse. In any case I'm glad two specialized channels are now gone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts