AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CC I got it at had one hell of a time selling it. It was listed in their system as "not available for sale in valid street date". Wondering if that has something to do with it

·
Registered
530 Posts
Enjoy!

Employee of the month review up on hidefdigest -- apparently not the greatest PQ (although it isn't the type of movie that really needs PQ -- seems comedies usually aren't that eye pleasing, even if they are pretty transparent to the master).

Both on my rental list (haven't seen either).

·
Banned
469 Posts
Well, OK. Thanks for letting us know. I think we need a sticky to be used only for people to announce their disk purchases. There's one in the plasma section and it sure saves a ton of new threads.

Mods, how about it? A sticky for those who want to announce a purchase of a disk or player.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stein /forum/post/0

Well, OK. Thanks for letting us know. I think we need a sticky to be used only for people to announce their disk purchases. There's one in the plasma section and it sure saves a ton of new threads.

Mods, how about it? A sticky for those who want to announce a purchase of a disk or player.

I vote the mods just close useless threads like this one instead.

·
Premium Member
26,565 Posts
I think if the OP gave a review or impressions after viewing the titles is appropriate or if it was an early release...but to be honest, a stranger annoucing the purchase of two movies on Tuesday release day? If we all started threads on that topic, how interesting would this forum be?

Edit: But I do appreciate the OP's excitement about BD.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I will contribute to this thread then to make it worth everyones time. After just finished watching RE2 I would have to say the movie should be placed in lower middle Tier 1. It has a very good picture but the sound is what does it for me. I totally forgot about the scene when they (raccoon police) went to pick up the head Dr's daughter. Coming around the corner a cement truck smashes into the side of the suburban flipping it over. It made me jump from the sheer clarity of the glass shattering and the impact. I re watched that same scene on DVD and it was flat with no detail (to the sound.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice I was able to get a price match on Resident Evil at Circuit city. They had it listed for 39.99 (lol) but i printed up the Target.com Price of 19.99. Funny thing is when the guy tried to ring me up it wouldn't scan (or it did but there was some problem and the system wouldnt let him ring it up) he had to create a new sku for it and ended up charging me 18.95. Also picked up Gridiron Gang with a price match for 26.95. Not sure if this worker did it right cause he appeared to beat the listed price by 5-10%. Most of the time they just give me the same price as the store they are matching. I ended up spending alot today cause i also picked up Goodfellas and Lucky # Slevin on HD (priced matched those as well).

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvedder /forum/post/0

Nice I was able to get a price match on Resident Evil at Circuit city. They had it listed for 39.99 (lol) but i printed up the Target.com Price of 19.99. Funny thing is when the guy tried to ring me up it wouldn't scan (or it did but there was some problem and the system wouldnt let him ring it up) he had to create a new sku for it and ended up charging me 18.95. Also picked up Gridiron Gang with a price match for 26.95. Not sure if this worker did it right cause he appeared to beat the listed price by 5-10%. Most of the time they just give me the same price as the store they are matching. I ended up spending alot today cause i also picked up Goodfellas and Lucky # Slevin on HD (priced matched those as well).

Read above.... I posted what happened as to CC not allowing the movie to scan correctly.... the district manager was there when I was price matching... she explained it to me

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl /forum/post/0

The CC I got it at had one hell of a time selling it. It was listed in their system as "not available for sale in valid street date". Wondering if that has something to do with it

exactly what the person said to me as well. Did they have it priced at 39.99 at your store as well. That is way overpriced, considering every target and fry's have it listed for 19.99. I even asked the worker if they had the wrong price on it, but with all the issues he was having he forgot to answer me

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah same here... Scooby Doo is $19.95 at Target... might have to get this tomorrow... damn it that is 11 movies in 3 days

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Wow... you got 2 movies that are already out. Amazing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.