AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having reception problems for the HD channels and standard channels (Directv)? HD channels come and go, seems to be odd numbered transponders for the Standard channels. Checked all connections, new satc lnb. No trees,Sony HD100. Could it be the multi switch? Checked the combiner switch with a new one, same problem. (eg. no 202 607 608)

Total choice Premier, HD Channels, Distant Networks, Local Seattle Networks. Subscriber since Nov.1994.

Thanks Kevin Main

Point Roberts WA.

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm am having the same problem with several channels-- HD Net, HBO HD, and a couple of other regular channels. My signal strength for my A and C Sats is good. However, Sat B reception is not good. I've tried adjusting my dish to no avail. I will be calling an installer this week.

· Premium Member
48,895 Posts
I have noticed no such problems here in Los Angeles.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem in Fort Worth, TX. HDNET and HBOH both dissapeared recently. The last several weeks there's been a lot of dropouts on those channels, then a couple of days ago both started showing no signal. Unplugged my receiver to reset it. After it rebuilt the channel list both stations were missing from the guide. Called Direct TV and they wanted me to check all the connections. I did, didn't fix anything, they say its a problem with my hardware. All other HD channels and HBO work fine.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As soon as the sun hits the dish,after it warms up the channels come back. The receiver will keep a lock on the signal. Before the sun hits the dish the signal fluctuates, will not hold a lock.

Kevin Main

· Registered
267 Posts
Ive had simular problems with NBC-HD, when I had my indoor antenna I got it fine, then it dropped out all togther, got an outside unit hooked up, came in very week for a while then dropped out all together, now in the process of moving the antenna higher to try to get a stronger signal.

· Registered
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Main
As soon as the sun hits the dish,after it warms up the channels come back. The receiver will keep a lock on the signal. Before the sun hits the dish the signal fluctuates, will not hold a lock.

Kevin Main
What satellite dish do you have? The first generation of the newer "Phase III" dishes had temperature problems with the LNBs that would cause problems like this.

The Phase III dish is an 18x20-inch oval dish that has all three LNBs mounted in an arm that includes the multiswitch. The older oval dishes are bit bigger (18x24-inch) and generally had two LNBs with an empty slot for the middle "Sat C" LNB and the multiswitch hangs on the back of the dish.

It certainly sounds like you have a temperature sensitive problem with one or more of your LNBs.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the first generation oval dish. Changed the dish and cable run out but problem is still there. The receiver is toast i think, taking it in to test at my dealer.

Thanks, Kevin Main

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.