AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
I just saw one of the articles...I think I'm going to be sick!

I would have thought Ben Affleck would have enough taste to leave this film classic alone!

Why should this surprise anyone?...this is typical of today's movie industry.

Yuck!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
You know, it could be a loose re-make. Say Affleck is the owner of a nightclub in Kuwait in 1990 or something like that.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Thanks for the info. Two quick questions spring to mind.

1) Assuming there is nothing you could do to stop a remake, who would you cast? I can think of a couple of possiblities for Rick, but I'm drawing a blank on Ilsa. Anyone?

2) Among the many, many problems with this idea is that you tend to get zero chemistry from married couples in movies (see recent thread on EWS). What real life couple has generated the most chemestry in a movie?

·
Registered
609 Posts
signator # 237

·
Registered
29,403 Posts
This is no worse an idea than casting Pamela Anderson in the Bogart role and making it a science-fiction movie. And yet somebody went ahead and did that, and the world survived. Crap remakes of good movies get forgotten, while the original shines on.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Oh lord ... after watching the news the past couple months, I thought for sure the world was going to come to an end .... now I know it has!

Did we learn nothing from PSYCHO ???????????

There are just some movies that should NEVER be remade .... Rollerball & Casablanca ... :D

I can safely say that in this lifetime, nor my next, will I ever see this film.

·
Registered
389 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

I'll start drinking French wine again before I am dragged to this.

Mark

·
Registered
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Z
This is no worse an idea than casting Pamela Anderson in the Bogart role and making it a science-fiction movie. And yet somebody went ahead and did that, and the world survived. Crap remakes of good movies get forgotten, while the original shines on.
Actually, I heard P. Anderson is going to play Dorthy Gail in the remake of, Wizard Of Oz. Verrrry interesting...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
please please please, say it aint sooo...

This movie demands classy actors. I'd take Matt Damon over Affleck fro the Rick role. Or Russell Crowe. I'd take anybody over JLo for the Ilse role. Unfortunately, there is no way they could use unknowns.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jw_Wood
Actually, I heard P. Anderson is going to play Dorthy Gail in the remake of, Wizard Of Oz. Verrrry interesting...
In the the original, Judy Garland had to have her chest strapped down to hide the fact the that she wasn't a kid anymore. They gonna try that with this remake?

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jw_Wood
Anyone know the potential rating on this one?:D :D :D

·
Registered
16,351 Posts
Noooo, they didn't strap Judy Garland's breasts down to make her look like a girl!

What they did do is put a tight girdle on her because she was too chubby for the role.

And this idea is just as bad as the horrid shot for shot remake of Psycho. They could have spent the money to have the original classic restored instead!

Dan

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I think that dude that played Anakin in SW Ep2 ATOC should play Bogart's role :D

Just kidding, that dude (forgot his name) must be one of the worst actor I've seen in a long time.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Quote:
In the the original, Judy Garland had to have her chest strapped down to hide the fact the that she wasn't a kid anymore. They gonna try that with this remake?
With Pamela in the lead role, I could picture some leather straps and some restraint being involved.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.