AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get this game pretty cheap now. Anyone play this on line? It seems pretty cool. I think command and conquer is rated higher, but I kind of like the idea of trolls and balrogs battling it out. Any of you guys have this, play it, use it as a coffee saucer now? I'm looking at different online games as cod 4 fills the fps genre with me quite nicely. Thanks

edit: read some user reviews and it says there is big lag online and it's tough to find games. Hmm. Command and Conquer may be the route after all seeing as it is rated higher and would likely be more popular online

·
Registered
964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/13014852

I can get this game pretty cheap now. Anyone play this on line? It seems pretty cool. I think command and conquer is rated higher, but I kind of like the idea of trolls and balrogs battling it out. Any of you guys have this, play it, use it as a coffee saucer now? I'm looking at different online games as cod 4 fills the fps genre with me quite nicely. Thanks

edit: read some user reviews and it says there is big lag online and it's tough to find games. Hmm. Command and Conquer may be the route after all seeing as it is rated higher and would likely be more popular online

Do you have this game? I've never played a RTS on Xbox yet, but if it's fun and the controls are alright, I might give this one a chance too. There's a lot of great RTS games coming out for 360... Supreme Commander, Halo Wars, and the C+C expansion...

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 /forum/post/13015175

Do you have this game? I've never played a RTS on Xbox yet, but if it's fun and the controls are alright, I might give this one a chance too. There's a lot of great RTS games coming out for 360... Supreme Commander, Halo Wars, and the C+C expansion...

World in Conflict

I love this game.

·
Registered
964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastley /forum/post/13016831

Really?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have LOTR and was pretty good while it lasted. Since COD4 came out, its been the only game in the disc tray though.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I had the gamew Whiskey and thought it was pretty decent, if you like the middle earth stuff pick it up

·
Banned
9,255 Posts
This game rocks, whiskey! The fun is in becoming so proficient that you can play as any army and still kick the bejeezus out of the others. I personally like to take on 3 opponents on "Brutal" and annihilate everything in my path. The strategic level required to become a master is quite time-consuming. I've probably logged more hours on this game than anything else overall, since this is more of a thinking man's game with emphasis on the overall picture than one that simply requires you to react to an immediate threat, ala every shooter ever made. I just keep coming back, again and again to this addictive game!

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 /forum/post/13025289

This game rocks, whiskey! The fun is in becoming so proficient that you can play as any army and still kick the bejeezus out of the others. I personally like to take on 3 opponents on "Brutal" and annihilate everything in my path. The strategic level required to become a master is quite time-consuming. I've probably logged more hours on this game than anything else overall, since this is more of a thinking man's game with emphasis on the overall picture than one that simply requires you to react to an immediate threat, ala every shooter ever made. I just keep coming back, again and again to this addictive game!

wow, that's quite the ringing endorsement. Now that my patriots aren't on anymore (
) I need a new game or 2. This one should do nicely. Making calls to local gamestops

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great game except for the stuttering and constant freezing lag when lots of action is on the screen. C&C Tiberium wars is smoother and better IMO, plus there are a lot more games running on C&C LIVE. My kid and I still play some LOTR online, good times.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i got C+C and that game was wicked, played through twice. but this game i couldn't finish. i maybe just because this isn't my genre (though i liked the movies). the game itself isn't as smooth, and there are minor gameplay glitches.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
FYI: EA is closing the server for this game on Jan 11, 11, and thus on-line play will be no more. One can still play the single player campaign and skirmish mode.

Also, many of us petitioned EA to fix the servers, and they actually did last week (imagine that). They reset the leaderboards and now ALL of the on-line achievements are obtainable. The leaderboards were broken for the last 2+ years, but now Hobbit and Troll, and try a tutorial are obtainable (whilst impossible before).

Too bad, as this game is a pretty good RTS. Game only has 705 achievement score, one of the original weird ones, and we never got the expansion packs that PC people did.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
I owned in for a while, it was pretty fun, but still doesn't compare to PC RTS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts