AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanelwy /forum/post/15543456

The official release date is today but, gamestop is telling me they will not have it untill tomorrow. have any of you found this locally in store yet?

Unless is a huge AAA title release, expect it tomorrow. Ship date and the day it finaly gets to the stores is usually not the same.

YMMV, especially on the west coast.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Wow, this title snuck up on me like Turkey Bacon hiding inside a real BLT sangwich.

Are there any reviews out there yet? All I saw was a couple of links to your usual pre-release hype.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubBucket /forum/post/15544491

I've been playing the demo online with a friend. The game doesn't play really well, and could use a lot a polish, but it's good simple fun. Especially when you grab a troll and squish hobbits

Oooooh didn't even know there was a demo... I'll check that out then, thanks!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I d/l the demo the other night on my 360 and just havent gotten around to playing it yet..mabye tonight

·
Registered
708 Posts
the demo is ok but the online is iffy at best

every game i joined it seemed like one team had been playing for longer than the demo was out

·
Registered
728 Posts
I played the demo for about 20 minutes. My impression was that it has potential, but that it's a classic case of controller overload. There are 4 classes (I think) and each one has about a dozen moves and they all have multiple key combinations to execute. Too much thinking and not enough playing. I'll probably wait till the $25 range was my thought.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 /forum/post/15551048

I played the demo for about 20 minutes. My impression was that it has potential, but that it's a classic case of controller overload. There are 4 classes (I think) and each one has about a dozen moves and they all have multiple key combinations to execute. Too much thinking and not enough playing. I'll probably wait till the $25 range was my thought.

I got the same impressions regarding the controller overload. However the game itself looks like it could be a ton of fun! They really did a nice job with the "hero" types, as well as the locations of the battles and whatnot... I can easily see this being a must buy for hardcore Tolkien fans. I also liked the fact that when you die you can choose a different class to respawn as!

I didn't try out the multiplayer yet. I was going to but stopped at the screen where you have to create an EA account in order to blah blah blah... I just wanted to hit a button and jump into the action.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Plan on renting today/tomorrow/next day (whenever it arrives in Canada!).

If anyone else picks it up, let me know. The multiplayer is a lot of fun, but don't expect much as the graphics in MP suck, the gameplay is just running around as different clases and putting the smack down on people.

As for the controller thing, I would agree that it could do with a lot more polish. Which it would release at $50 as it would be worth it, but any more and it is too expensive.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I'm interested in how the 2 player co-op plays. Is it more like last gen's Return of the King or more like Battlefront with bots? I think Play Asia has it for $49 too.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/15552752

I'm interested in how the 2 player co-op plays. Is it more like last gen's Return of the King or more like Battlefront with bots? I think Play Asia has it for $49 too.

I think it's more of the latter than former.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I Managed to pick it up last night. Really enjoying it so far. First good level is the battle of helms deep. Which is awesome. Also they seam to have loads of trophy's in it. Got several without even trying last night

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Is there a single player campaign in this game? If so how is it so far?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like this game alot,but I ended buying it for the 360 instead of the ps3 because of my friends list.

One thing I wish they would have put in was "Gauntlet mode" lol. They have all the classes represented.

Make it like 2-4 player online co op,and let other people come in online to play one of the bad guys or bosses on the level you are on.That would be fun as hell.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aletuner /forum/post/15561505

Is there a single player campaign in this game? If so how is it so far?

There is a simple Tutorial level and two Campains one good one evil.

Yes the battle of helms deep is the fist level of the Good side of the Single player campain and was great fun. I have not tried the evil campaign yet.

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Column /forum/post/15562339

I like this game alot,but I ended buying it for the 360 instead of the ps3 because of my friends list.

One thing I wish they would have put in was "Gauntlet mode" lol. They have all the classes represented.

Make it like 2-4 player online co op,and let other people come in online to play one of the bad guys or bosses on the level you are on.That would be fun as hell.

Lord of the Rings: Gauntlet? Dear god I would so buy that game.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.