AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's on CBC in HD... And my question is how long before we get it on blu-ray? I mean the fact that there are UK and Canadian HD broadcasts of the LOTR movies must mean some type of HD-version exists.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Peter Jackson let it slip that the extended versions will be released next year....probably same time frame November 2010.

"In an interview with Collider, Peter Jackson has announced that the LOTR Extended Editions would be coming out NEXT YEAR, not alongside the Hobbit in 2011 (or whatever year, as the film hasn't even been green-lighted yet). Not only that, but the studio is talking to him about doing new special features just for the blus."

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
TNTHD has really good copies of all three LOTR films, but the presentation is destroyed with bugs,ads,animations, and lots of commercials. It's too bad, the PQ and audio is fantastic.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was never that impressed with TNT's presentation of these. It could be that the bugs/ads etc.. color my judgement.

But I thought the DVDs shown with my upconverting DVD player had as good picture quality. And the audio on the dvds is much better.

·
Registered
497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 /forum/post/16934827

TNTHD has really good copies of all three LOTR films, but the presentation is destroyed with bugs,ads,animations, and lots of commercials. It's too bad, the PQ and audio is fantastic.

Don't forget the cropping.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The CBC broadcast was full of commercials as well but the PQ and AQ were really good...

I think I'll wait for the Extended Editions as well. Even though I loved the theatrical versions, once you see the EE's, the films feel incomplete without the extra scenes.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannynoonan /forum/post/16935022

I was never that impressed with TNT's presentation of these. It could be that the bugs/ads etc.. color my judgement.

But I thought the DVDs shown with my upconverting DVD player had as good picture quality. And the audio on the dvds is much better.

You are so right. I bit the bullet about a year ago and rented the extended versions on DVD. I watched all three on my OPPO 983 and the PQ was much better than I expected. I'm happy I didn't wait for the Blu-ray. I tried, but just couldn't take the TNT presentation of this masterpiece.

As I say, I have no regrets even though the Blu-ray should be spectacular.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts