AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incredibly, New Line Cinema will be issuing Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring in four versions; the initial two, to be released in August, will be the plain vanilla wide-screen and P&S (ugh!) versions; then a super-charged R-rated, wide-screen extended edition (a nearly four hours cut), 4-disc set to be released in November just prior LOTR 2 hits the cinema circuit; and, even more amazingly, a holiday version containing the same 4-disc set, plus two bookend statuettes designed by sculptor Sideshow Weta, and yet another disc containing National Geographic's From Beyond The Movie.

At least New Line Cinema allows us to choose our poison way ahead of time...unlike Columbia with their erratic schedule in issuing their Superbit and non-Superbit stuff... :rolleyes:

-THTS

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I'll get the 4 disc, nonbookend, November version.

This, I think is one movie that can only get better with length.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I ordered the first one, just so I can watch it a few times in the interrim. Then I'll get the SE one and give the original one to a family member probably. This is one that I'm happy to do that for.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
the August release to have the theatrical cut (unless the 4 disc has it also ??) and the November release for the dts :D

I hope no Infinifilm crap crap that kills compression ....

·
Registered
326 Posts
The Aug. 2Disc theatrical set & the Nov. 5Disc extended set.

It's a total no-brainer to own both versions of this movie....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank J Manrique
...plus two bookend statuettes designed by sculptor Sideshow Weta,...
BTW, wetas are a family of very large insects that live in New Zealand.

On topic: I'm definitely getting the 4 hour widescreen without bookends - and haven't decided about the other widescreen version (probably will just rent this one, but who knows...)

Bob

·
Registered
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David600
the August release to have the theatrical cut (unless the 4 disc has it also ??) and the November release for the dts :D
The theatrical cut is NOT on the big 4-5 disc set.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
yeap, no brainer to get both.

the extended version is really said to include gorry, more violent scenes or moments, cut to get the PG rating.

let's hope :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
I pre-ordered the 2 disk set. I'll watch it many times before the longer version comes out. This will be the version my kids see first (when they are old enough).

I'll also get extended version. As long as it isn't too expensive, I want the statuette set.

--Burke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.