AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally received my Samsung SIR-T165 OTA DTV receiver and I have a few questions...

I'm out in the Antelope Valley area (Palmdale/Lancaster) and I knew that receiving the Mt. Wilson DTV transmissions was going to be tough, but I think some of my difficulties are not related to reception difficulties.

I am currently able to receive the following at any time 24/7 (on these stations the DTV light on the STB comes on instantly)

KNBC-DT 36 (4.1)

KCBS-DT 60 (2.1)

KTTV-DT 65 (11.1)

The following stations it seems to be trying to lock on (The DTV light flashes on and off before reverting to a snowy non-existent analog picture)

I'm wondering if the reason I can't receive these guys is because they either don't transmit 24/7 or that they don't transmit good PSIP info. I've read that my receiver will not lock on to stations that have good PSIP. Can anyone with a Samsung T160/T165 receive these stations?

KTLA-DT 31 (5.?) flashes the DTV light once before reverting to analog.

KCAL-DT 43 (9.?) flashes the DTV light 2 or 3 times before revert.

KCET-DT 59 (28.?) flashes the DTV light 5 to 8 times before revert.

The following stations immediately go to analog. Same questions as above, when do they transmit and do they have good PSIP?

KMEX-DT 43

·
Registered
606 Posts
KCETDT is on from (approx) 8pm to 11pm.

KCALDT is on only in the evening (don't know the start/stop time)

KTLADT is on from morn to night (don't know about 24/7)

KMEXDT is on from morn to night (don't know about 24/7)

KABCDT is on from morn to night (don't know about 24/7)

Also, there are other DT stations on Ch 66 (KCOPDT), Ch 61 (KRCADT) and Ch 42 (KWHY Spanish language)

There are 11 DT stations in LA; Except for KCBSDT, my 165 picks up them up solidly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info cymro, glad to hear that they all have good enough PSIP to satisfy the T165.

Mike

·
Registered
606 Posts
I mistakenly stated that KCOP was ch 63 in my post above. I should have said Ch 66.

I have corrected the post to reflect this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.