AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 10003 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Los Angeles Home Theater Group

I would like to offer up my Home and Theater to the Los Angeles Area group for a meet again..if any would like. I have had 2 other meets here before..and they were a blast. I would also like to make a special invite to guys in the group who have never been here before........ FilmMixer, mdrsteve, Ready2Buy, TunogPinoy, GlenC, aceg1, milkpower, Bitten by HT,and Russdawg....and anyone one else that would like to come.. I am sure that I will get the regulars there also...Sanjay, Brian, and Alan.
I will supply the Theater, Food and drinks.....you supply your time and input.

You guys throw out some dates..and we will make this happen.

Thanks for your time,
RayJr

·
Registered
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr /forum/post/0

I would like to offer up my Home and Theater to the Los Angeles Area group for a meet again..if any would like. I have had 2 other meets here before..and they were a blast. I would also like to make a special invite to guys in the group who have never been here before........ FilmMixer, mdrsteve, Ready2Buy, TunogPinoy, GlenC, aceg1, milkpower, Bitten by HT,and Russdawg....and anyone one else that would like to come.. I am sure that I will get the regulars there also...Sanjay, Brian, and Alan.

I will supply the Theater, Food and drinks.....you supply your time and input.

You guys throw out some dates..and we will make this happen.

Thanks for your time,

RayJr

Excellent. Ray's theater is a great full-on 7.1 setup.

What do people think of the Saturday, October 7th? Next weekend I'm busy on the 30th, but I'm free for that Sunday, October 1st.

What sort of movies are people most interested in seeing? I'm kinda jazzed to see the speeder chase from Return of the Jedi on Ray's 7.1 system, but I know that movie is old school and also a huge source of heretical inquires (molested jedi or unmolested jedi... it's a very sensitive topic!). I have a few truly-awful-chessy movies like Shaolin Soccer that have great bass that I could bring.

Perhaps an even more important question is what types of drinks do you all want brought to this gathering? Would you like people to bring something along the lines of a nice microbrew like FatTire ale.

Thanks for offering up your place Ray.

·
Registered
604 Posts
"8th sounds fine for me, but will Alan be back in town by then? "

I come back to LA on the 29th of this month.Hopefully,I'll be recovered enough to attend by the 8th

At the airport flying from colorado to minneapolis as I type this
I'll visit the Magnepan factory while in Minnesota.

·
Registered
29,125 Posts
Ray,

Thanx for hosting again. Norman and Brian will be hitching a ride with me.

If any of the attendees are clustered around the same location (e.g., South Bay or S.F.Valley), you really ought to consider car-pooling. Don't be shy.

Sanjay

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All right....looks like I got everyone directions.....if I have missed anyone..please PM me or post here.

I will be gone most the day today....but will check for new messages...first thing in the morning....and send directions to those that need them.

Looking forward to meeting all.

RayJr

·
Registered
29,125 Posts
Thanx for having us over Ray. Had a great time as usual. Your hospitality is always second to none.

Sanjay

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ray, a big thanks to you and your wife for hosting a great meet. Great hospitality and a great theater. Looking forward to more So. Cal meets. C'mon y'all, join in.

Thanks,

Elliot

·
Registered
604 Posts
"Sorry...Alan and Scott...I took the picture after you guys left."

Tis ok Ray,my picture is up in enough post office's

Thanks for hosting Ray.Was a fun event as usual.

1 - 20 of 10003 Posts