AVS Forum banner

4741 - 4760 of 9911 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4710#post_23080979

Ivan:

That looks very nice!

I hope you had the good sense to take your lady in there on Valentine's Day, put a waterproof sheet on the couch (please!) and give her the present every woman desires from her man.

Why should anyone take their woman into a dark room to give them chocolate, jewelry, and money??? I understand the waterproof sheet is to keep the couch dry from their tears of happiness - Great Idea!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4710#post_23080789

Sweet seating Ivan! They look SUPER comfy!

I really need to get out and check out your system. Matter of fact i'd like to listen to Brad's SEOS setup and Robert's IB system as well. So much to do so little time.....

Thinking about it, I still owe you guys a GTG! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4710#post_23080979

Ivan:

That looks very nice!

I hope you had the good sense to take your lady in there on Valentine's Day, put a waterproof sheet on the couch (please!) and give her the present every woman desires from her man.

When I see how hard you and Brad work to make your HTs look awesome, I start to think I should do more at my place. Then I think, No, I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4710#post_23070033

Ooh Jack Reacher looked cool from the trailer, but almost two months away.

Saw Wreck It Ralph weekend before last, that was fun, but animation might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Didn't like the Dredd remake much - I actually did like the original. Too one dimensional.

I loved the LOTR movies, liked Hobbit but it wasn't as good as the trilogy I thought.

Sorry for the waffling...hey, how about those nice pillows! Looks really good Ivan.

Thanks guy,

I also want to check out Brad's new improvements. We could just have a meet instead of waiting for a movie everyone can agree on. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
459 Posts
We could also just have a "bring your favorite scene" GTG. I'd love to see the beginning of War of the Worlds(2005) on a kick A$$ setup.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantmyTHX  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23085789

We could also just have a "bring your favorite scene" GTG.

That's a good idea. I think most of us have seen all the popular ones, but maybe this way someone will show up with something different that some havent seen.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23085870

That's a good idea. I think most of us have seen all the popular ones, but maybe this way someone will show up with something different that some havent seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantmyTHX  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23085789

We could also just have a "bring your favorite scene" GTG. I'd love to see the beginning of War of the Worlds(2005) on a kick A$$ setup.

Good idea. Now all we need to do is pick a date.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23085430

Thanks guy,

I also want to check out Brad's new improvements. We could just have a meet instead of waiting for a movie everyone can agree on. What do you guys think?

Not like we ever watch the movie

·
Registered
6,960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23086228

Not like we ever watch the movie
Well, I did watch Skyfall, but only because I hadn't seen it.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Curious if anyone knows the answer to this. Do all movies that have the ATMOS audio also have the 48fps video???

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23096197

Curious if anyone knows the answer to this. Do all movies that have the ATMOS audio also have the 48fps video???

No, otherwise Sanjay would know about it. HFR is not common.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23096559

HFR is not common.
You were'nt kidding. Looks like The Hobbit has been the only flick released in HFR.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23099139

The only other title announced to be filmed in HFR is Avatar 2 @ 60fps.

You mean craptar 2?

·
Registered
28,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23103232

You mean craptar 2?
Oh come on, Avatar wasn't that bad. I'm not a fan of Cameron's obviously dishonest, self-hating philosophy (white man + high tech = evil; natives + nature = good), but I still found it an enjoyable adventure with lots of eye candy. Looking forward to what he does with the sequel (story and visuals, not hypocritical message).

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
+1 - I know the theme in so many movies of "US Military is evil" is way overdone in movies (and particularly annoying if you're in the military), but I enjoyed the movie regardless, and nice A/V and CGI execution.

So this meet thing - should we do a double header Ivan, like we've done before? What weekends work for people? I think this weekend is OK for me, next Sunday is out but maybe Saturday, the following weekend is OK.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23104889

+1 - I know the theme in so many movies of "US Military is evil" is way overdone in movies (and particularly annoying if you're in the military), but I enjoyed the movie regardless, and nice A/V and CGI execution.

So this meet thing - should we do a double header Ivan, like we've done before? What weekends work for people? I think this weekend is OK for me, next Sunday is out but maybe Saturday, the following weekend is OK.

I could do it this weekend on either day, but the notice may be too short for some.

·
Registered
28,981 Posts
Weekends (even the upcoming one) is fine for me, as long as I know ahead of time, so I don't make conflicting plans. Double header, maybe with a meal inbetween, sounds like a blast.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23104343

Oh come on, Avatar wasn't that bad. I'm not a fan of Cameron's obviously dishonest, self-hating philosophy (white man + high tech = evil; natives + nature = good), but I still found it an enjoyable adventure with lots of eye candy. Looking forward to what he does with the sequel (story and visuals, not hypocritical message).

I first saw this film when I was deployed and while I did enjoy the audio / visual aspect of it, the anti military theme was definitely not welcoming. That plus the story was eh.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23104889

The following weekend works for me.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23106165

I first saw this film when I was deployed and while I did enjoy the audio / visual aspect of it, the anti military theme was definitely not welcoming. That plus the story was eh.
The way I see it, there are plenty of other movies with eye and ear candy to enjoy that also have an interesting story, so I don't feel I ever need to watch Avatar again (I sold the 3D version when it was a Panasonic exclusive.)
Quote:
I'm not a fan of Cameron's obviously dishonest, self-hating philosophy (white man + high tech = evil; natives + nature = good)
That sums it up well.

·
Registered
28,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/4740#post_23106165

the anti military theme was definitely not welcoming
Yeah, what happened to the James Cameron who made 'Aliens' and 'True Lies'? Besides, if he wants to make white guys with high tech the villians, he needs to look in the mirror.

4741 - 4760 of 9911 Posts