AVS Forum banner

5741 - 5760 of 10355 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24448181

If it's okay with everyone else.

I'd sure like to see you guys and see a cool movie at the AMC Prime.

You coming??

·
Registered
5,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24450102

Planning on it unless something comes up suddenly. Looking good right now.

Oh hell yea!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24449334

I'd like to see the Thor as well, so I'm in for an April G2G (depending on date).

Let's see if we can GTG in April?

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts
Got home about an hour ago. Had a great time hanging out and talking movies. The AMC Prime is really impressive. I snagged some pics too.

Ugh, you guys in LA have it so good.

Here's some dark, blocky pics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24456521

Let's see if we can GTG in April?

Annnd on that note.... whew! I'm pooped! I think I should limit myself to one visit a month.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
It was...awesome!

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts
Yeah. By far the best cinema experience I've had .... maybe ever?

I've been thinking about it A LOT since... Really my goal in a HT cinema would be to replicate that experience. But hopefully with more bass extension.

I think I am getting close. Thinking about more capable surrounds with their own external bass management at some point too. Nice chairs like at the Prime would be good. Maybe even some Crowson's for the shake.

But there is no way I can think of to get that picture at home. Holy s**t! That is by far the best 3D I have ever, ever seen. Now I see what all the fuss is about. If 3D looked like that.... oh, I'm all for it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24464065

I've been thinking about it A LOT since... Really my goal in a HT cinema would be to replicate that experience. But hopefully with more bass extension.

I think I am getting close. Thinking about more capable surrounds with their own external bass management at some point too. Nice chairs like at the Prime would be good. Maybe even some Crowson's for the shake.

But there is no way I can think of to get that picture at home. Holy s**t! That is by far the best 3D I have ever, ever seen. Now I see what all the fuss is about. If 3D looked like that.... oh, I'm all for it.

Missed you guys by a day! Me and the wifey spent the weekend in Santa Barbara and on the way back we stopped by the theater to watch 300 yesterday.

Im with you on that Scott, by far the best experience at a movie theater.

As for the 3D a friend of mine picked up one of the new 75in Samsungs, not sure of the model number though. Anyhow the 3D on that beast is AMAZING, better than what i saw on 300. Abviously it was a different movie so you cant really compare but at least the quality is there for home use.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Seriously bud! I keep missing out on the GTG's when you come down. One of these days though......
You know I still would like to set up a Fontana meeting. I have nb67 (Chayne), and mjaudio (Mike) that live no more than 5 mins from me. It would be cool to have a little 3 stop demo/GTG session. I think finding a weekedend when the 3 of us are available is going to be the biggest hurdle.

Agreed, i need projection too. My Panny 8000 does a nice job with 3D material, but not at the level i saw at PRIME. Though if i had a dedicated (blacked out) room, im sure the quality would be better.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,754 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5700_100#post_24465334

Eric, we're just gonna need to find the right weekend. It would be nice to meet.

Make plans with us, why don't you?

As for the Samsung. Yes, maybe but it's still a tv. I need projection.
Right now I have my eyes on an Epson 5030ub.

Scott,

Epson 5030UB very nice unit..with good light output ..and good black level.

I give it a thumbs up

Later

RayJr

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24464065

When it comes to 3d, brightness is a huge factor. They use 2 projectors in that prime theater.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24465464

Seriously bud! I keep missing out on the GTG's when you come down. One of these days though......
You know I still would like to set up a Fontana meeting. I have nb67 (Chayne), and mjaudio (MIke) that live no more than 5 mins from me. It would be cool to have a little 3 stop demo/GTG session. I think finding a weekedend when the 3 of us are available is going to be the biggest hurdle.

Agreed, i need projection too. My Panny 8000 does a nice job with 3D material, but not at the level i saw at PRIME. Though if i had a dedicated (blacked out) room, im sure the quality would be better.

Yeah. I'm sure we will find a date that works for every one. Ivan has really stepped up and consistently offered G2G's at his house. I can't comment about many other LA area HT's but his place is really set up to entertain a lot of people and I know he is enjoying having us over. Aren't you, Ivan?

Just gotta set something up if that's what you want to do. When I say I'm gonna do something, I do it. So someone just has to commit and I'll head out. I really do want to meet new people and make new friends. It's nice to meet people who are like minded for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24465596

Scott,

Epson 5030UB very nice unit..with good light output ..and good black level.

I give it a thumbs up

Later

RayJr

Great to hear from you, Ray! As of now that is the prime candidate for a PJ replacement. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to afford one until maybe the 5040ub would be coming out.
If there will be one this Fall. Anyway. That's probably the last expensive thing I will get for my HT for some time. I hope.... haha, it's hard to resist new toys eh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpino  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24466427

When it comes to 3d, brightness is a huge factor. They use 2 projectors in that prime theater.

Oh definitely! And we noticed as the credits rolled up. Well, it was pointed out to me anyway. Impressive, is putting it mildly. I can not comment enough about how much I loved the picture and the 3D. Seeing 300 for a second time now, here locally... I am left wanting.

Man this hobby is expensive.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

Quote:

Yeah. By far the best cinema experience I've had.

You guys are discussing the new 300 movie at AMC Prime Burbank, correct?

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/5730#post_24468136

You guys are discussing the new 300 movie at AMC Prime Burbank, correct?

Yeah. This was my first time attending this cinema and going to the higher end 'Prime' theater room.

We don't have anything like that locally. We have an IMAX and standard rate 3D. They do have decent sound most of the time though so that helps.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
^^^

Thanks, fellas. I gotta go check this one out.

5741 - 5760 of 10355 Posts