AVS Forum banner

6401 - 6420 of 9911 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67  /t/727555/los-angeles-home-theater-group-meet/6300_100#post_24815642

Some discs are 50 gigs some are 25 gigs, I will have to look at the size of the files to determine which copy relates to which size disk. I'll send you a list of the test disks and what size db disk you'll have to purchase. Personally I just bought a bunch of 50 gig db disks and copied all the disks on that, along with graphics etc.

There are 2 disks I particularly like and one of them is the one that Eric uses.

The latest disk to come out is this one, but it does not have a start menu so you can't really select the cut scenes.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1522648/reelwood-2014-demo-disc-including-thx-wow-1080p-6-1-dts-hd-master-audio

Awesome, and thx Chanyne!  I will wait to hear back from you on what size disc to buy and then I'll just get them on amazon and have them shipped to you if thats ok.  

the disc that Eric uses is definitely one of the ones i want, but that reelwood disk looks pretty great too, and it seems to have a ton of content.  

·
Registered
250 Posts
No problem. I'll pm yourself and calentz.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
What do you guys think of the AVS "Update" ?

Are you having any problems with navigating the new format ?

I can't upload pictures any more:crying:
(sanjay will be ecstatic)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
What do you guys think of the AVS "Update" ?

Are you having any problems with navigating the new format ?

I can't upload pictures any more:crying:
(sanjay will be ecstatic)
it will take some adjusting, but it's not that big a deal to me. Pete, you can still post pictures....use the little symbol that looks like this in the reply editor:

1.gif

·
Registered
826 Posts
One thing that I am missing is last format used to show if there were new posts. One click and you are on the newest unread post. That was a nice feature and now its gone.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Getting a little case of SDS here with all the talk of DIY sub building ;-)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
One thing that I am missing is last format used to show if there were new posts. One click and you are on the newest unread post. That was a nice feature and now its gone.
It's still there for me. Click on the link that looks like the ">" symbol under the last post column. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to. It's not as obvious as before, but it's there.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
What's up brad, good to see u in here.
Nothing much new theater wise - do need to do some cleanup so I can host again one of these days again - my guitar gear crept into the HT, need to find a more organized setup for that.

And no, filecat, still no A/C. :serious:

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Nothing much new theater wise - do need to do some cleanup so I can host again one of these days again - my guitar gear crept into the HT, need to find a more organized setup for that.

And no, filecat, still no A/C. :serious:
Luckily the weather in the South Bay has been cool.

I had 40 people over for the Lansing Heritage dinner, and everything was perfect weather-wise. I kept theater occupancy at 12, and no one passed out (this time).

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Happy Father's Day, dads!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I also bought some disks

Quote:Originally Posted by nb67

Some discs are 50 gigs some are 25 gigs, I will have to look at the size of the files to determine which copy relates to which size disk. I'll send you a list of the test disks and what size db disk you'll have to purchase. Personally I just bought a bunch of 50 gig db disks and copied all the disks on that, along with graphics etc.
There are 2 disks I particularly like and one of them is the one that Eric uses.
The latest disk to come out is this one, but it does not have a start menu so you can't really select the cut scenes.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1522648/reelwood-2014-demo-disc-including-thx-wow-1080p-6-1-dts-hd-master-audio

Awesome, and thx Chanyne! I will wait to hear back from you on what size disc to buy and then I'll just get them on amazon and have them shipped to you if thats ok.

the disc that Eric uses is definitely one of the ones i want, but that reelwood disk looks pretty great too, and it seems to have a ton of content.
I also bought some disks (25 & 50Gig)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Lone Survivor showing is this coming Saturday. Its time to decide on a time for show. What do you guys thinks about 1:30PM? I'm open to suggestions. I thought this would be a good time in case anybody wanted to hang out before or after the show.

More people are welcome but we would need to add a second show maybe around 4pm. Let me know what you guys think. We still have plenty of time to sort it all out.

Duc
Duc Guest 1
Duc Guest 2
Scott Simonian
Jorge
Peterc613
edude (Manoj) Hang out and meet new folks
Kevins
Shane (possible)
RobertR

·
Registered