AVS Forum banner

6421 - 6440 of 9997 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Guys,

over on blu-ray.com, there is a moderator named "big daddy". It looks like he has some awesome diy speakers, is super knowledgeable, and lives in so cal somewhere.....

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=163023

Do any of you know if he is on AVS or has ever been to a get together? I'd love to chat with him and have him be part of our so cal home theater scene, if he isnt' already.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Hmm, well his name is apparently Frank - I don't recall meeting a Frank at our GTGs, but maybe someone else who goes back further with the group?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Lone Survivor showing is this coming Saturday. Its time to decide on a time for show. What do you guys thinks about 1:30PM? I'm open to suggestions. I thought this would be a good time in case anybody wanted to hang out before or after the show.

More people are welcome but we would need to add a second show maybe around 4pm. Let me know what you guys think. We still have plenty of time to sort it all out.

Duc
Duc Guest 1
Duc Guest 2
Scott Simonian
Jorge
Peterc613
edude (Manoj) Hang out and meet new folks
Kevins
Shane (possible)
RobertR
Steve Holt
asarose247
sdurani

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm good with 1:30. but anytime after that works for me as well.

I'm not sure if i will watch the entire movie, since i already saw it, but id still like to watch some of it, so i can hear the new beast that you and duc built.

Aside from watching the movie though, im just really looking forward to seeing everybody.

ps - should i bring anything...food, drinks,etc?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm good with 1:30. but anytime after that works for me as well.

I'm not sure if i will watch the entire movie, since i already saw it, but id still like to watch some of it, so i can hear the new beast that you and duc built.

Aside from watching the movie though, im just really looking forward to seeing everybody.

ps - should i bring anything...food, drinks,etc?

Sure, maybe bring some snacks or drinks. I think we can just order some pizza as soon as we get hungry.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
fellas,

Im selling a SI18, used for about 2 months, 2ohm dual voice coil. It's like new. Id like 160 for it. I figured id post it in here, before i do in the classifieds, and see if anyone local is interested so i can avoid the shipping hassles.

PM me if interested.

6/20/14 - Nevermind, sub has been SOLD! : )

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Lone Survivor showing is this coming Saturday. Its time to decide on a time for show. What do you guys thinks about 1:30PM? I'm open to suggestions. I thought this would be a good time in case anybody wanted to hang out before or after the show.

More people are welcome but we would need to add a second show maybe around 4pm. Let me know what you guys think. We still have plenty of time to sort it all out.

Duc
Duc Guest 1
Duc Guest 2
Scott Simonian
Jorge
Peterc613
edude (Manoj) Hang out and meet new folks
Kevins
Shane (possible)
RobertR
Steve Holt
asarose247
sdurani
Looking forward to tomorrow. It would be great if everyone arrived around noon so we don't feel so hurried up to start at 1:30. See you guys. tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
SubMaximus

With Sanjay, I was able to see and feel the awesome SubMaximus in near field placement thanks to asarose247 who was a very gracious host. Aside from SubMaximus, Garden Grove has Krikorian's new Dolby Atmos installation with its Christie projection that would certainly contend for one of the best Dolby Atmos theater installations in Southern California. :cool:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
With Sanjay, I was able to see and feel the awesome SubMaximus in near field placement thanks to asarose247 who was a very gracious host. Aside from SubMaximus, Garden Grove has Krikorian's new Dolby Atmos installation with its Christie projection that would certainly contend for one of the best Dolby Atmos theater installations in Southern California. :cool:

I thought the sound was ok nothing special could have been the mix. The picture though was not even close to what's available at Burbank or many other cinemas.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
fookoo, has your vision returned to normal? Are you missing any limbs? You have now seen first hand, that the submaximus, is no joke! : )

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I thought the sound was ok nothing special could have been the mix. The picture though was not even close to what's available at Burbank or many other cinemas.
Are you sure that you have been out to Garden Grove's Krikorian Dolby Atmos theater? The speaker configuration and set up is different from any other Dolby Atmos theater that I have been in. You can get the details from Sanjay on Saturday. If so, then you need to have your hearing checked. Wish I could be at your GTG tomorrow.

6421 - 6440 of 9997 Posts