AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
minding my own business when my tivo box flashes this new message about a channel line-up change for me:

TWO news channels added:

- 195 INHD1

- 196 INHD2

The program guide info also show up on my Tivo Guide BUT my STB refuses to access or go to those channels.

SO (being brave / stupid) i called Comcast. After 4 calls & 90 frustrating (anger management anyone?) minutes i learned:

- nobody has ever heard of INHD and there are no plans for it whatsoever

- CBS HD, Discovery HD, HDNet HD will be added to the LA lineup before the end of the year

PS: In the past Tivo has never been wrong when adding a new channel to my line-up - so i'm still hoping...

·
Registered
787 Posts
woah!!!

hold on there

CBS, Discovery, and HDNet by the end of the year?!?!?!

i find that hard to believe!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor
Try the "HDTV Locals" forum with this update.
sorry - just noticed i mis-posted. meant to put it in 'locals'

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same thing happening here meta. After my TiVo added inHD channels 195 and 196 to the guide and the stb still wouldn't tune to inHD, my frustration boiled over. I called and waited on hold for almost half an hour while a really nice tech support person investigated the situation. Finally, she came back with a somewhat different and, dare I say, more reasonable sounding answer for the lack of inHD in Los Angeles.

According to her, there is a bandwidth shortage and Comcast is trying to clear out space to fit inHD and other potential HD channels. She said they should be up and running with inHD in about 2-3 weeks when they sort out their bandwidth issues. I'm guessing the shortage is because LA is on a recently converted AT&T system.

I wouldn't put too much faith in her "end of the year" deadline meta. If she doesn't know what inHD is, then there's no way she has any real insight into the addition of CBS, Discovery and HDNet.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Dolemite

I wouldn't put too much faith in her "end of the year" deadline meta. If she doesn't know what inHD is, then there's no way she has any real insight into the addition of CBS, Discovery and HDNet.
i got that info from a salesperson, not CSR. he indicated they know months in advance of new channels for sales purposes - and were trained on the new channels (eg. he said they new about HBOHD etc severl months before it became available).

but, yes, i'll believe it when i see it ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, the CBS HD did come to be true (in time for SuperBowl even).

any recent word / news / rumor on:

INHD, CinemaxHD, DiscoveryHD, or HDNet?

...or for bonus points - the moto 6xxx series STB?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.