AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Sony early generation SXRD which I had ISF calibrated. Just upgraded to a a JVC 61 FN97 DILA. It's plugged into the same PS Audio AC premier regenerator as before. But now when I power off, the JVC loses its color, picture, etc settings. Didn't happen with the Sony. Is that just what JVC's do? Before I have ISF come out and calibrate the new display, I want to know if I need to have it constantly connected to power to avoid losing settings. Or is it a problem with my display?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsens /forum/post/12937426

I want to know if I need to have it constantly connected to power to avoid losing settings. Or is it a problem with my display?

For some reason these TV's loose their settings when they loose power, but you can make the set retain your calibration settings through a power loss by holding down the "input" button and then pressing "CH+". Do this with the set on and using the buttons on the side of the TV not from the remote control.

Jordan

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was NOT in the manual. How could that not be in the manual?

Any idea if I must do that every time I shut it off, or if I can do it once and lock it in for future power downs.

I am going to read the other thread. Just lazy and hoping for a quick answer.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsens /forum/post/12981741

Any idea if I must do that every time I shut it off, or if I can do it once and lock it in for future power downs.

You only need to do it once, it will hold your settings for at least 9 hours, that is as long as I tested it.

I know it is not in the manual, how come it was not set like that from the factory?

The thread linked has 5300+ posts & I just posted the answer to this problem on post #5273.

That thread has a lot of good info but it is hard to find with the thread so large.

Glad I was able to help

Jordan

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsens /forum/post/12981741

Typical!

I have a LG and all the important things are missing in the Service manual, JVC must play the same game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts