Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow CRT'ers

Seems we had to deal with storms this week and of coarse lost power.

Now when I power up I have to resize my picture and convergence seems to be off slightly.

My guess the power outage took out the stored info and I have to reprogram.

My question is; is there a system battery that needs replacing?

If not can a UPS be installed to prevent this from happening?

By the way the PJ is the 1272.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I would reset the unit and reconverge. There's no preventative maintenance here; just unplug the power cord to prevent this when lightning is likely to strike.

Curt

·
Registered
317 Posts
Jim,

Very sorry to here of your trouble. I am no expert ( in electronics), I am an electrician. I asked the installer of my 1271 at the time, how the memories were saved .Did I have to keep the power connected all the time , or in standby mode when not using it etc.

The memories are stored electronically , on chip ( eprom ). You will have to save all your memories again .

I was told to shut down the projector like this,

(1) turn it off via the remote control.

(2) push the main switch off ( at the front of projector)

(3) then unplug it at the mains socket

To turn it on just reversewhat was done on step 1 ,2 ,3. This is a fool proof way to prevent any memory loss ( except an internal failure of the projector) from voltage drop, spikes or lighting strikes .

( Computers will play up too, from any of these things).

Maybe you could buy a surge protector, its a cheap purchase to protect your home theatre equipment.

All my equipment is treated in the same way. You may think this is a bit paranoid but , I do not want any disasters happening to me, when I next turn on my equipment. ( I don't push my luck)

You may already know all of this I have written,

But I hope it is of some help to you,

Regards

Juz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.