AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a problem. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H in my htpc. Then i also have a xbox360 who both stream music from another pc. That works sometimes fine.

The problem is that sometimes when i stream music on my xbox360 it loses connection and starts the next number on the playlist.

And when my htpc is streaming a movie it also loses connection. What happends is that is continues to play the movie but the sound and picture is not there. So i guess it loses the network connection.

I have no idea what the problem can be, or what i can do to solve it. I figured it had to be the host computer that has problem since both the HTPC and xbox360 does it.

Any ideas what it can be or what i can do?

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
You have not provided enough detail to see what could be the issue. It could be your file server, your router, switch, network cables, NIC card, display, video cables, audio cables, any number of things.

Disconnect everything and just connect one device to the file server to see if it can stream properly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive fingured out it is the host pc. Because if i stream from the HTPC there is no error. Ill try a format c:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts