AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am recording from my XL1 onto Panasonic MiniDV's, then going from the miniDV to a Panasonic WJ-MX50 board, then I do all my transitions on the board, and go from the board to a Sony DVCAM DSR-30, and from the DSR-30 to my computer, where I open it in Vegas. On Vegas, I work in 720p and choose file, render, and choose MPEG-2. I then create the actual DVD using DVD architect. Is there a problem with doing any of this? It seems like I am losing quality, and my aspect ratio doesn't come out right for playback on a dvd player on a widescreen HD TV.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
That's a lot of steps... and the more steps you take... the more you lose.... and you already lose a fair bit dropping down to dvd. Are you using Vegas Pro? If so then why don't you just capture directly into Vegas?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
the canon xl1 is minidv camcorder, are you sure that you got the model number right? because 720p in vegas is an hd format, not a minidv format.

whatever the camcorder is, your workflow is a disaster... you should be capturing directly to the computer off of the camera original tapes, then do all of your editing on the computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts