AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is probably a very stupid question. However, I'm running my HTPC to my NEC 6pg and it is cutting off the top and bottom of the picture. Not a problem for movies but can't find the toolbar with the mouse. I'm losing about the top and bottom inch (gauged by my 19" monitor). I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. It's not a blanking problem.

However, while we're on the subject of blanking, what's the proper blanking off a HTPC? Is it the same 5% as with a regular DVD player? What do most people do about blanking the sides in general? When my guy came out and did my convergence, he blanked the 5% but it seems you would be better served to keep the lost picture. Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You'll need to adjust your projector's height and width parameters so that the image of the Windows desktop fits onto your screen. Then you'll need to fix up your convergence and blanking settings.

You really don't want any overscan at all on the Windows desktop. If you do you won't be able to see the taskbar at the bottom, or the titlebar of maximized applications, or icons that go to the edge of the screen. Basically you want to adjust the projector so that all of the actual Windows desktop just fits within the viewable area of your screen, and then blank off any stray or rough edges.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.