AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has happened before. I lost my 119w signal completely. The signal began to weaken from 70 down to about 20. Thought it might be a tree blocking the path so I cut it down. Now I have no signal; hence, it's not the tree. I checked the outside connections. They all seem to be okay. Does anyone out there have any idea what the problem may be? I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Gaz

------------------

gaz

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
In order of probability:

F-connectors/cable terminations (cut 'em off & redo all ends)

Diplexers (if you use them, get rid of them)

Multi-switch (try a different output)

Receiver

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Using a compass check the path of the asm. of 228. The 119 sat is about 26 deg to the right of the 101 sat from behind the dish. Also the 119 sat is about 6 deg. lower in the sky. The dish c clamp holding the dish on the pole is splitting the dif. between the 101 and 119. Leaves just love to block sat signals this time of year.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Sorry...

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. In the meanwhile, I checked out and swapped the LBN's. No problem with the LBN. It worked fine when put on the other satellite. Also checked the wiring and cut new ends. Didn't work. I did get a signal on the 119W which went as high as 70 briefly but dropped to zero shortly after. I am truly baffled as to what the problem is. Could it be my multiswithch? or Could it be the receiver? In answer to the question as to what programs I routinely get on 119W, I receive HBO channel 509 and demo channel 199. Gaz

------------------

gaz

·
Registered
987 Posts
What DirecTV channels are on the 119 bird?

My signals fluctuate between 45 and 60, which makes me believe that I don't get any channels from it.

Can you post what demo channels are on it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Direct channels 199 (HD demo 6:00am-9:00pm Pacific) and 509 HD HBO are on the 119 bird.

------------------

THE WALKING DUDE

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by George33027:
What DirecTV channels are on the 119 bird?

My signals fluctuate between 45 and 60, which makes me believe that I don't get any channels from it.

Can you post what demo channels are on it?
You can receive a picture with a signal as low as 20. You may have picture freezes at that level, but with the digital delivery system like Dish and DirecTV its all or nothing.

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.