AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My previous card was a Geforce2 MX. I recently upgraded to a Geforce4 MX. I had to add the custom resolutions back into PowerStrip. I had 4 resolutions that I used with my Geforce2 MX that I added back into PS.

720x480p

848x480p

960X540p

1920x1080i

All resolutions worked after I rebooted except for 540p. My 540p resolution does not show up in PS. I saved all my timings before I upgraded. I used the same exact timings that I used on the Geforce2 MX. What am I doing wrong? :confused: 540p is what I use the most. :(

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
376 Posts
What version of detonators are you using? I know that since 40.72 I have been unable to add resolutions to powerstrip. Perhaps it will be fixed with a new version of powerstrip.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by llamameat
What version of detonators are you using? I know that since 40.72 I have been unable to add resolutions to powerstrip. Perhaps it will be fixed with a new version of powerstrip.
I'm using 41.09. I did also upgrade to that version. I don't remember what version I had before I upgraded. Maybe that's the problem. :confused: Maybe I'm not going insane. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's an easy solution to the problem. I did the same thing. Go to the powerstrip website and look at the FAQ. The info for your settings is still in powerstrip but not the windows registry after installing new drivers. The website gives easy instructions on how to fix it. I did have a problem though when I tried to use it afterwards. My screen would not synch in and I couldn't see anything. I had to boot up in safe mode, delete powerstrip, reboot and reinstall powerstrip. For some reason that worked. All of my old settings were then usable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.