AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While siting here watching the olympics, all of a sudden my convergence went haywire. All 3 colors, Everything is separated. Tried to run auto converge, but it is no longer in the setup menu. Went to the service menu and cannot find it anyplace in there now either. Tried unplugging for a while. no help. Restored to factory defaults, No help. Anyone have any ideas out there. This unit is 4 years old to the week. Purchesed this one during the last olympics 4 years ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after getting no responses here. I researched this further. It appears that this is a fairly common convergence problem with these RCA units. My unit is an HD52w59. The other sources I found indicated that a fuse # FL231 located near the flyback is the culprit. I pulled the board assembly and found that indeed my fuse had blown. The cause of this fuse blowing is the lead free solder used on the boards now. After further examination, I discovered that 5 of the 12 terminals on my flyback had cracked solder joints. I re-soldered all of the terminals on the flyback and replaced the fuse with one I purchased on eBay. I have included a couple photos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.