AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and I also posted this in the 1007 owner's thread. I've lurked and learned a lot here, and hoping someone here can give me some help.

Setup:

Onkyo1007

Outlaw 700 amp

PS3

Dish Satellite box

Panasonic Plasma TV

7.1 setup

Satbox and PS3 connected HDMI (good cables) through the receiver and the amp through the pre-out's

Everything has been working wonderfully for a month with this setup until today when I lost all audio through the receiver.

When I switched between the PS3 (audio working) and the satbox I lost suddenly all audio through the receiver. Nothing. Nada--with either the PS3 or Satbox.

I can get audio through the TV with a direct HDMI connection from the Satbox bypassing the receiver (showing it's not the cable). I connected my fronts directly to the receiver from the amp (and disconnected the pre-outs) to make sure the problem wasn't the amp, and I still get no audio. The front display shows and changes properly when I change sources.

I also got the latest firmware upgrade about a week ago and this is the first problem ever.

I do still get video through the receiver from both the PS3 and Satbox.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was being smart trying to diagnose the problem forgetting "always try the simplest" solution first. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Don't know what caused the problem, but that fixed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts