AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a panasonic dvd recorder and I used to have some HD stations. The power went out in my home and I had to rest everything and when i scaned through the stations my HD stations were gone! what can I do to get them back?

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
Make sure your setup options are correct, digital cable or Antenna, then do a rescan. If you're not getting any of the digital channels you may want to try a reset. That is done by turning the machine on and then holding down both the CH up and CH down buttons on the main unit for more than 10 seconds. After that try running your setup again.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
As jjeff suggests, you'll need to do a rescan. After selecting cable in the setup menu, it will scan all analog and digital channels your cable has. Hopefully, the rescan will have them turn up again.

By the way, which model recorder is this, and what's the name of your cable company/

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
^^ sigh. If the rescan doesn't return them all, it's possible that ConCast may have dropped the 'free' VOD channels that they allowed to pass thru. The local broadcast digitals should still be there...I too am on ConCast, and they removed the free channels from a couple of months ago, leaving me with only the local station digitals with my ez47 & 48.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have Time Warner Cable and they appear to have done the same thing! I get no channels when I scan. I can understand that for someone who is not paying for the service, but when I give them over a $100 a month I should be able to get them... Greed will eventually bring these companies down!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C /forum/post/15591714

^^ sigh. If the rescan doesn't return them all, it's possible that ConCast may have dropped the 'free' VOD channels that they allowed to pass thru. The local broadcast digitals should still be there...I too am on ConCast, and they removed the free channels from a couple of months ago, leaving me with only the local station digitals with my ez47 & 48.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
It would be nice if you had another device (like a HDTV with digital tuner) that you could verify if the channels are gone or if it's just the EZ-47 being flaky. I did have one EZ-17 (no VHS or HDMI) which could find no digital OTA channels. The one I exchanged it for worked just fine. This tells me it is possible to have a tuner that will get the analog channels but not the digital ones. It's possible this is the case with your unit.

Maybe you could check with a neighbor who's on the same cable system as you and has a digital TV to see if they're still receiving the QAM channels.

AFAIK every cable system capable of digital should at least provide the locals in clear QAM.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxes999 /forum/post/15591012

Panasonic DMR-EZ47V and i have comcast
{Comcast of the Plainfields-QAM} *ALL* of my Sub-Channels Are Gone!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C /forum/post/15591714

I've re-scanned several times - they never came back...

·
Registered
3,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxes999 /forum/post/15591793

i really just want Abc Hd and Nbc Hd. What can I do?

Have you gotten the local station digitals back? Perhaps you could try setting the channel scan to 'Antenna', and running the scan, then go back and set it to cable, running another scan. If it still isn't picking up at least the local HD broadcast stations, then it may be the turner. Hopefully, you're still in the 90 day Panasonic warranty period- if so, contact them to arrange a repair for the faulty tuner.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C /forum/post/15614517

Hopefully, you're still in the 90 day Panasonic warranty period- if so, contact them to arrange a repair for the faulty tuner.

It's 1 year (unless maybe for a referb.) but since the EZ-47 is a '07 model year I think warranty work is out of the question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I gained bakc my HD stations but I dont hve NBc HD

My CBs HD is 117-1 and my Abc is 115-1. How can I get NBC HD or is there a channel that it is on?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Perhaps emailing Panasonic Service Center, they could send you a firmwear disc that might correct the tuner issues-but first, email your NBC station, and ask if they've had any transmission problems with their digital channel. If the answer is no, then include that info in a detailed email (describing the problem and what you've done to resolve it) to PSC.

Panasonic Camera & Digital Service Center

1-888-439-2676

email- [email protected]

The phone # and email are from the letterhead on a work order receipt I got after obtaining warranty repair from them at their Elk Grove Illinois center.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts