AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to set up my G70. At one point, I was in the service menu but I somehow got out of that. On the menu screen, there's an "F" in the top left hand corner. Clearly not the Service menu.

What does that F represent? How did I get there? How can I get back to the Service menu?

I'm new at this, so bear with me.

Thanks,

Charlie

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
NOt sure what the F means, but to get to the service menu hit enter enter up down enter. At that point you are prompted to confirm you wish to enter the serviceman mode. Hit enter again to confirm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done that, and it does nothing. Can't get into the service menu that way. At least, I can't get there from where I am.

Charlie

·
Registered
279 Posts
My G70 sometimes needs the enter, enter, upp, down, enter a few times before it will go into the service mode. You may have hit the memory button. Did you make/see any changes. Just hang in there from what I have read here the G70 is TOO easy for some of these nuts in here:) I love my G70 it's just an incredible pj. Did you conect the remote using the "plug" as the manual reccomends? Worst case senario, start over.

I hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All that happens when I start the "enter-enter-up-down-enter" sequence is that the words "Index:30" appear on the screen.

I don't have the cord connected, but I can't even get into service mode using the keypad on the unit itself.

If I wanted to reset everything and completely start over, how do I do that? Can I do that if I can't get into service mode?

Charlie

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the manual. I have "Status" set to ON. Enter-enter-left-right-enter or enter-enter-up-down-enter simply displays Index:30 on the screen.

I cannot seem to get it into service mode. And I still don't know what the "F" in the upper left hand corner of the menu screen represents.

Charlie

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The index dial shows "00" but indicates "30" when I press enter. Turning the index dials doesn't seem to change that.

I'm not sure how the index number affects my ability to get into service mode.

Charlie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.