AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone living in the North Central Indiana area recently lost OTA signals for WTHR-13 & WISH-8 from Indianapolis? For some reason earlier this week I stopped receiving these and some other local stations. Previous to this I was receiving about 16 local stations and now I am down to about 8. The 2 stations listed above are the main ones I record from.

Are there any other Linux applications that I can use to scan channels with besides MythTV?

·
Registered
566 Posts
scandvb, but it sounds like they may have switched frequencies. I'd give the stations a call and check my antenna setup.

·
Registered
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewell /forum/post/17048530

scandvb, but it sounds like they may have switched frequencies. I'd give the stations a call and check my antenna setup.

I had this happen in Phoenix on my Dish 722 receiver. I had to go in and delete all the OTA's and rescan for them again. Once it picked up the new frequencies everything was good again. Don't know if an HTPC works this way, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had a similar problem w/ my local Fox station. A re-scan solved the problem.

Try a re-scan first, if that doesn't work, you may need to dig deeper.

Also, if any of the stations switch from VHF to UHF, or UHF to VHF, then depending on the type of antenna you have, you may not be able to receive some of those stations anymore.

-Mark

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
There's a neat little app called azap, which will scan every ATSC freq for life and build a table of the results. Then you can use it to monitor signal strength as you adjust the antenna. Antennaweb will give you an idea of direction and status of your stations.

azap told me that this stupid Channelmaster 3042 "amplifier" actually attenuates my signal, as I'd suspected for years. Go with Winegard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Odds are if you lost multiple stations at the same time that you are having the issue, not the stations. Check your cables and cable runs, test your pre-amp and antenna. Sounds like something is damaged.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by winegard /forum/post/17059145

Odds are if you lost multiple stations at the same time that you are having the issue, not the stations. Check your cables and cable runs, test your pre-amp and antenna. Sounds like something is damaged.

I finally found the problem. For some reason the coax connection was just a little loose at the tuner card. Tightening it up solved the problem. Should have checked the obvious first!! Good call winegard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts