AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Buy.

My favorite game.

The Single player is much longer then GOW and longer then COD3. Im playing it in easy mode. So far I am 10 hours into the game and have about 2-3 hours left. A much better game then it is given credit for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like it, but it isn't everybody's cup of tea... I would suggest renting it first, then decide if you want to buy it later. I bought it and am happy, but got it new for $30.00 at best buy (Reward Zone coupon on top of other coupons). If I had not gotten that deal, I would have rented it first, as I wasn't impressed at all with the demo.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV-NUT /forum/post/0

Buy.

My favorite game.

The Single player is much longer then GOW and longer then COD3. Im playing it in easy mode. So far I am 10 hours into the game and have about 2-3 hours left. A much better game then it is given credit for.

This sounds promising. GOW was a huge let down in this area. I have not finished COD3 yet....moved onto RB6...then Splinter cell....then.... Man I just can't stick to one game anymore!

Looking forward to getting a copy of lost planet. Maybe tomorrow I'll grab one.

·
Registered
396 Posts
rent first.

i can see why people would really like it, and why others would be annoyed of it.

however, it's a great looking game, and the online multiplayer ain't too shabby either.

the campaign mode is way better than gow, as others have said.

i bought it without reading reviews or anything, and although i don't play it as much as gow or rainbow six, i have to say that as soon as i get home, i'm hoppin on campaign

·
Registered
803 Posts
I finished single player on normal in about 10-11 hours. I'm going to go back through it on easy to get the coins and take out the moth, just to whore for achievement points
I'm not much of a online player, but blasting away with the HVs is just too damn fun not to try
Probably trade it in for credit for crackdown or Mass Effect though, I'm tired of stockpiling tons of games I never intend to play again. I think Oblivion is the only game I'll keep forever. Splinter Cell and GoW are also on the trade in list, since once you beat the single player campaign, there is not much replay value for me. Vegas at least has the terrorist hunt mode

·
Registered
146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked96SS /forum/post/0

I like it, but it isn't everybody's cup of tea... I would suggest renting it first, then decide if you want to buy it later. I bought it and am happy, but got it new for $30.00 at best buy (Reward Zone coupon on top of other coupons). If I had not gotten that deal, I would have rented it first, as I wasn't impressed at all with the demo.

To me, this doesnt really make sense. You can usually find used copies of most any game on Ebay(used) for less than $4o to your door. If you dont like it, you can resell it on ebay for about the same (or more). I buy most all of my games on there. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
I rented it first and will be buying it as soon as I see it on sale at a local retailer , the online MP is very fun . Only reason I am waiting for a sale price is that I am sick of grabbing the hot new games on release day only to see them go on sale 31 days later for $20 less ( heck that $20 buys an extra HiDef movie
) .

--- Jason

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I bought it and am not disappointed but I can see how it got the varying reviews.

The game is not very long about the same length as GoW or RB6 or COD3 but seems longer due to the boss fights which can take you some time to complete.

Whereas the other 3 games I mentioned are pretty evenly paced games with a few hairy spots but no real boss fights (except for the last fight in GoW). Lost Planet takes a more old school approach with boss fights at the end of each level. On Normal mode the levels themselves are pretty easy but a boss can take a bit to find the "trick" to beating him and a few are even tough once you find the trick. The boss after boss after boss can make the game seem repetative and long. I can just see some of the reviewers loving the game when they started playing it but growing weary of it by the time they got to the end, thus causing some of the lower scores.....or maybe they just dont like shooters, who knows.

Its a great game but does require some patience even though it is pretty short.

I havent played online yet but I invision a very Halo2 like environment with lots of running, hoping and bullet spaming. The Mechs and the snowy environments should make it something more unique then Halo though.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The game is much longer then GOW any way you look at it. It gets better and better each level. The first level is a little slow because they want you to be able to get the controls down.

Not only is the campaign mode very good but online is great also. Very much like halo 2 but in HD! This game is much more then a "rent game".

You will have a hard time finding anyone that says they "hate the game" if they actually played all the way through it. Most of these people that dont like it are people playing the first level and judging the whole game from that.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Well I beat it in the same amount of time I beat GoW, RB6 and COD3 when I completed the games on their normal difficulty seetings.

I can see LP taking longer at higher difficulty level as you fight the same boss over and over and over. COD3 was longer on veteran then it was on normal as well as you played the same mission over and over. GoW was certainly the easiest of the three games (4 I forgot GRAW) I played through a second time on their highest difficulty. I imagine LP would be the hardest even on Hard let alone Extreme since Normal was plenty challenging

·
Premium Member
24,267 Posts
I bought it and we are having lots of fun playing it... It is a fun game that has drama but at the same time makes you laugh at it...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
online is just as good as halo 2 with next gen graphics. team sniper is bad ass. i like this game online far better then GOW.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's a good game. I can recommend the purchase. I think I'm at the second to last level, and I've enjoyed it for the most part. No real complaints other than the camera every now and again, but it doesn't happen often, and not bad enough for me to say don't get it.

Freddy C.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.