AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my forst projector-mitsubishi HC900 but it didnt come with a remote. This will be setup in my bedroom 13X11 for the next year until I get a house and make a theatre room and will be mounted from the ceiling from about 8 ft from the wall.

Two questions.

1. Can I use a universal remote and if so where can I find the codes?

2. The projector does not have a sleep timer but can hook it up to another component to get around this? Maybe a reciever or a universal remote? -dont want to fall asleep and have the projector urning up the bulb all night long.

Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
Why not contact Mitsubishi to see if you can get a replacement remote. Most (inexpensive) universal remotes won't have projector codes.

Regarding the sleep timer, be careful using another item to shut off the projector. It needs to go through a shutdown sequence which runs a fan to cool the bulb. Shuting the PJ down without using the cooling sequence will result in reduced bulb life and may even blow the bulb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.