AVS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using a universal remote instead of the original remote and set the remote to use remote 2 instead of 1. Now when I try to use the universal remote it shows on the screen remote 2 and it will not let me use the recorder. I went to look for the original remote and cant find it. So is there anyway to reset the recorder to remote 1 without the original remote? Unplugging it doesnt seem to work.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
No and neither does the CH up CH down on the main unit(master reset). I don't know what to tell you. I have reset many of my Panny's before, and I use different remote codes on all 3. I have noticed that a master reset does not change the remote code though.

I'd check around for someone who might have a original Panny remote.

If you lived in the Twin Cities, I'd let you borrow one of my remotes. I have a remotes setup for all 3 codes.

Panasonic does use the same remotes(or very similar) even for the new EZ DVDR's, so maybe you could purchase a new say EZ-17, use the remote to change your code, then return the whole works? Just make sure to keep all packaging, and be gentle when opening up the box.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Why can't you change the code on your remote to "2"? It sounds like the code on your remote got changed some way. If you've been using the universal remote on code "2" in the past, it should work now if you set it to "2".

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
You can get an exact remote replacement for the E85 remote contral here . It is kind of pricy. This one has the same functions and is a little cheaper, AND it has the open/close function. A few of the buttons are in different places. I have no idea why Panasonic did that.

·
Registered
371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy /forum/post/12910516

You can get an exact remote replacement for the E85 remote contral here . It is kind of pricy. This one has the same functions and is a little cheaper, AND it has the open/close function. A few of the buttons are in different places. I have no idea why Panasonic did that.

I've bought from thee guys and the remotes are just as advertised - Panasonic, new in box and CHEAP. I mean. $13.95 is hard to beat.

http://www.videodirect.com/Merchant2..._Code=PANRMCTL

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You can also order it directly from Panasonic, here for $27.90 (EUR7721KG0 REMOTE CONTROL) plus shipping, around 7 bucks.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Those are good prices. I may just have to buy a couple ES-35v/45v remotes for my most used ES-30v's. I've never cared for the button layout and feel/size of the ES-30v remotes(not to mention the lack of the F.Rec. button) and for $18.95 each it would be worth it. My only concern is the ES-30v has dedicated buttons for VHS and DVD while the ES-35v/45v remote has the drive select button. I'll have to verify the drive select button will change modes on the ES-30v(I know the F.Rec button will work).

I wish I could use the ES10/20 remote, for $11.95 it's a great price but it's the old button design I don't like and it lacks the VHS mode.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/18888498

Those are good prices. I may just have to buy a couple ES-35v/45v remotes for my most used ES-30v's. I've never cared for the button layout and feel/size of the ES-30v remotes(not to mention the lack of the F.Rec. button) and for $18.95 each it would be worth it. My only concern is the ES-30v has dedicated buttons for VHS and DVD while the ES-35v/45v remote has the drive select button. I'll have to verify the drive select button will change modes on the ES-30v(I know the F.Rec button will work).

I wish I could use the ES10/20 remote, for $11.95 it's a great price but it's the old button design I don't like and it lacks the VHS mode.

In our household we have four DMR-ES30V, one DMR-ES25 and six DMR-ES35V models. The remotes have been interchanged between these recorders with no problem, including the use of the VHS, DVD and "Drive Select" buttons. For instance, the DMR-ES25 remote's Drive Select button (for switching between DVD and SD Card on that model) also toggles between DVD and VHS if used with a combo recorder.

I've noticed that EZ series remotes with the "Drive Select" button sequentially step through the choices in a small menu window that opens when selecting between DVD, VHS or SD Card, but I don't know if those are unique signals or merely choosing "next" among the "drives" in that menu.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo /forum/post/18888598

In our household we have four DMR-ES30V, one DMR-ES25 and six DMR-ES35V models. The remotes have been interchanged between these recorders with no problem, including the use of the VHS, DVD and "Drive Select" buttons. For instance, the DMR-ES25 remote's Drive Select button (for switching between DVD and SD Card on that model) also toggles between DVD and VHS if used with a combo recorder.

I've noticed that EZ series remotes with the "Drive Select" button sequentially step through the choices in a small menu window that opens when selecting between DVD, VHS or SD Card, but I don't know if those are unique signals or merely choosing "next" among the "drives" in that menu.

Thanks for saving me the time of testing, I think I'll order (2) ES-35v/45v remotes(for my ES-30v's) along with a replacement EH-50 remote. While my pawn shop EH-50 works flawlessly the remote buttons(most notably the center ring) are quite spongy, like it's really been used/abused. A new remote would be well worth it.

On the EZ drive select window, I'm pretty sure that's a function of the recorder itself and not related to the signal from the remote.

·
Registered
15,260 Posts
Just about any UEI remote (one-for-all, radio shack, oem cable remote, etc.) will work absolutely every function using THESE codes. Popular models include the atlas ($8 shipped on ebay), the RCA RCRP05B ($15 at walgreens), and radio shack 15-100, 133, 134, 135 on clearance at radio shack probably for less than $10 depending on the model.

·
Registered
371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neild /forum/post/18888311

:-( all the various replacement remotes I was looking for were $44 to $88 plus shipping and handling...

Well, to be fair, my post you quoted was over 2 years old.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Be forewarned that while the prices for the actual remote can be quite attractive(some as low as $11.95) the shipping can be a killer

For one remote it's ~$11 and for 3 ~$12. For multiple remotes it averages out but for a $11.95 remote to pay $11 for shipping is rather excessive IMO.

Not everyone is adopting Amazon's free or very fair shipping charges

I'm still deciding if I need to purchase (3) remotes for $55 that I don't really need. Of course if yours is broke or lost you really have no choice and $20 or $30 would probably be worth it to keep your machine working.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I actually use a spare remote from an EZ-17 to cut down on w 'n' t on my E-85's original remote. The '17's does everything but switch between HDD and DVD-R drive, which I do by hitting the button on the main unit's front panel. Makes me get up out of the chair, but that's all part of my new exercise regimen.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I have had access to an E85, and EH50, and EH75, an EH55, an EH67, an EH68, an EH59, and an EH69. ALL of these have respond to the one model remote that I use. It's the remote for the E80, which I don't have, and never had. The main reason I use that remote is that (I think) it is the only one, or at least the newest one (not saying much) that has the DVD open/close button. That particular remote code works on all of these DVD recorders, even though none of the remotes supplied with them have that button.

There are a few functions that are not supported by that remote, but I use them so infrequently I can just get up and push the front panel buttons, or if I know I'll be doing a project where I'll need one of those functionsI can dig out the actual remote and use it for the duration of the project. I have been using the E80 remote so much I rarely even look at it anymore. My fingers just know the button positions.

The E80 remote also has the code in it for my Vizio television. I don't expect Panasonic to change their remote codes any time soon.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
I'd love to have the eject on remote feature but personally I don't like the E80(which is similar to my ES-30v) center ring arrangement. I much prefer the hard plastic ring which started on some '05's and has been on all Panasonics from '06 and on. I know you prefer the non ring remote so it must just be personal preference. I also don't like the smaller rocker type of buttons for skip and search and much prefer the larger separate buttons.

The E-80 remote is one of the more expensive ones($27.95+ shipping) so I'm glad I prefer one of the cheaper ones.

I wonder how they come up with their prices, I mean some are as low as $11.95 and even the highly touted EH-75v is only $17.95 but the very similar(although missing a few buttons) EH-55 remote goes for $29.95. Either they go off how many they have, or someone likes to play darts with the prices

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I've come around to Church AV Guy's way of thinking. I got tired of always accidently pressing the outer ring of the EH55 and EH58 remotes. It is imbecilic not having an eject button on the remote. I wound up getting a couple more E80 remotes from fleabay (for the same price as videodirect).

They're definitely easier to use in the dark than the "ring" remotes.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/18901056

...I much prefer the hard plastic ring which started on some '05's and has been on all Panasonics from '06 and on. I know you prefer the non ring remote so it must just be personal preference. I also don't like the smaller rocker type of buttons for skip and search and much prefer the larger separate buttons...

I agree, it must be personal preference. I HATED the ring from the first time I had to use one, as you seem to remember...
I much prefer the four buttons, and the rocker type arrangment for skip and search too. I think it's great that Panasonic makes functional remotes of both type to accomodate each of us. I'm sure Panasonic had that in mind when they designed them.
Really!

As far as pricing goes, I have no possible clue why some are $12 and others are $30. I use them so much, and I'm so dependent on them, I'm just glad replacements are still available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts