AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what has happened but my projector is not receiving a signal from my htpc. I also hooked up my htpc to another monitor and it is the same thing, no picture.

Once every 15 or 20 reboots that I try the monitor will receive a signal but within a minute the monitor goes into sleep mode and stops displaying anything.

Is it my ati card or another problem? Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Mike,

1) make sure the card is completely seated in the agp slot. Sounds like it may be loose. Make sure cord is completely inserted in both card and projector.

2) Disable power management settings. Control Panel --> Power --> set all to never

3) make sure bios is set to agp rather than pci card. This should happen automatically but you might as well check it. This assumes your ati card is agp.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Are you using DVI out?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your replies

I have checked all connections and even removed the card and re-inserted it.

I am not using dvi

The only thing I did last night was to connect the creative lab remote I just purchased to the serial connection and started the driver install for it. As the drive started spinning the computer began to freeze and hang so I rebooted and it has not worked since.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate to bump this but I was wondering if it could be the video card or the motherboard?

I can hear the computer boot, would that rule out the motherboard?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have spent some more time removing and re-inserting my video card and I have been able to get into windows xp pro but after a couple minutes the screen gets lots of red and green lines all over it. It is so many lines I can't see anything. I then rebooted the computer and it started to boot up and the same thing happened during the boot up.

I also remember last sunday when I woke my computer out of hybernation and started a movie the screen had green specks at many different areas.

I rebooted and it was ok after that until this problem.

I am starting to believe it is my radeon 7500 card any other thoughts before spending the money for a new one?

Thanks

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.