AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up a new triple lnb dish with a ts-160. All worked fine for a few weeks, then HDNET started breaking up and was finally gone. Figured it was trees leafing out so I moved the dish, get 90-100 signals on 101 and 110 sats, zero on 119. Tried complete range of tilt adjustment, nothing. Also, when I try an auto-detect for dish type with the ts-160, the detection fails. The auto-detect worked when I first set it up. I believe the lnb is okay because I was able to tune in to the 110 sat with it by shifting the azimuth 10 degrees. BTW, I had Directv send a tech out with the understanding that I would pay if the problem was related to my install, but if it was an equipment issue no charge. The tech told my wife that we were getting the 101 and 110 satellites but not the 119(thanks for that info) and I had to move my dish. He also said the HD channels were on the 110 anyway.(That explains why I get searching for signal when tuning to HDNET or HBO-HD) Any ideas? Is it the ts-160? the multiswitch?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I'll bet it's the multiswitch. Try running a line directly between the 119 LNB and the receiver to check. HBO-HD and HDNET are on 119. SHO-HD is on 110.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Pat. Unfortunately the lnb's and mulitswitch are integrated. I think it's the multiswitch also and figured the tech would at least swap it out to test (two screws and the cable, really tough) but he didn't bother. They're coming back Monday so I'll have to take leave to be there this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.