AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything worked fine last night while watching 10,000 B.C. on Blu-Ray, Then I turn it on this afternoon to play some guitar hero & the front display is totally blank. tried a hardware reset, but made no difference. tried the pure audio button to make sure it wasn't causing it, not the problem. What the hell, anybody else had this happen?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Do you have a front display dimming option on the remote? I know my HK does. Perhaps this was inadvertently activated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yessir, that was one of the first things I tried. The volume knob lights up every 4th time I press it so I know the button is working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to me today as well. I'm on 1.05 firmware, if that matters. I also know it's not a dimmer or Pure Audio issue. Everything seems to work fine, it's just the front panel display is blank.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My 805's display just died on me too. What the crap is happening with Onkyo's displays. Any easy way to fix that?

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is common on the X05 series there is a DIY tutorial on page 578 of the 805 thread complete with pictures. My display went out recently too and I'm in the process of getting this fixed

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Last April I ordered a PR-SC885 from AC4L. Had some issues on arrival including flukey front display. Opened the case and found the wide ribbon cable and small grey power cable to the display were pinched as they make a sharp turn around the inner casing. I just readjusted the cables and all has been fine since.

Don't know if this is your issue with the 875 receiver.

Nismo604 may well be right in your case. Here's the direct link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post15249416

1 - 10 of 10 Posts