AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, strange thing, my UTV box has lost transponder 32. 32 has HBO 501 on it and other premium channels. I only get HBO and Cinemax, so I don't lose the other transponder 32 channels other than HBO 501 (which I watch all the time, btw...)

has anyone seen this before? any fix?

The other 2 DirecTivos in my house (4 tuners in all) lock onto 32 without problems (93% signal strength). Transponder 32 is the ONLY one that UTV is not recieving.

At first I thought it was a multi-switch problem, but both tuners are out on the UTV, so that isn't it.

Appears to be a hardware problem, but I hate spending $75 and the hassle of exchange for one channel [not to mention losing the beta release :)]

·
Registered
248 Posts
Try using short cables connected directly to the LNB, and then go back to the old setup one element at a time (assuming you get tr32 on the first step, of course).

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just keeps getting stranger. tonight, tuner 2 came back locking on transponder 32. tuner 1 is still a no-go. did nothing as I was gone all day on business, got home tonight and noticed that i received 501. thinking it was fixed, went to the signal strength which read 90% on tuner 2, nothing on tuner 1...

strange...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Paul,

I just went through something similar; twice actually in the last 3 weeks. The first time I lost transponder 30, but only on one tuner.

I called RCA and thanks to a helpful person there, we traced the problem to a cable coming out of one of the multiswitches. Despite it being firmly connected, when I switched the two UTV cables at the multiswitch, the problem cleared up.

The second time, just last night actually, all even transponders for 101 on all tuners (4) disappeared. So I went directly to the cables for the the 101 sat. They both come into splitters. I undid both connections, and then reattached them and the problem was fixed.

I know its not always such a simple solution but, at least you have something to try.

It may not be relevant at all, but last night was only the second time since last winter that the temperature dropped into the 30s (F) here. My multiswitces are on the outside wall of my garage.

Many years ago I was trying to fix a tv with tubes :)D). I pulled out a bunch of them and drove to the local hardware store and tested them. They all tested good. I went back home, put them all back in and the tv started working. I guess sometimes doing less is more. Or maybe electronics need attention too.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.