AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone lost WBBM 2-1.We had the bad weather last nite and I lost it ! Signal strength is sitting around 20-25 at most ! :(

·
Registered
577 Posts
Heya Denny...WBBM 2-1 is coming in quite nicely for me in Schaumburg (Samsung SIR T150).

I watched for close to a half hour without any problems at all (around 5:30 tonight).

Good luck.

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom, for your reply,I don't know what to try ! Never had this problem before.I scanned That didn't help I'm kinda lost.Looks like I'll take a wait and see For now and see if i get some kind of signal back! I have a Mitsubishi HD-500 And A new Antenna on the roof RG-6 lead in wire about 40 feet long direct to the IRD.I have no problems with the other CHNL's They all come BOOMING in !Just WBBM is down.. Thanks again Denny M.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes DENNY

It comes and it goes. Haven't had a stable good signal for almost a month now.

Just watch it on cable and hope for a full power broadcast.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was at Tweeter in Gurnee last night and the guy punched up WBBM no problem. If they can get it up there, why can't everybody get it? I wonder if they have some sort of "magic".

Fletch

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thinkI found part of my problem! I did a little site check and realized just how big my neighbors tree had gotten since last year,So with my daughters help (SHE really love getting on the roof) I moved my antenna to the other side of the roof and BINGO -I got my signal back!At least now I have a signal in the 60-70 range and a picture That I did not have before. So it looks like Saturday I know what I'll be doing,Moving tripod,ant.& cables to a new location on the roof. I didn't think moving the antenna 15 feet would make that much difference but it did! I hope anyone that reads this checks out there ANTENNA location it was a simple fix to my problem and maybe someone else's also!Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. THANKS DENNY M.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i get a max 51 signal so all i get is digital garbage...

i took channel 2-1 out of my lineup till they fix their problem..

more than half the people i work with don't get channel 2 at all..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jim,

I have only had a viewable signal from wbbm 2.1 once, for about 2 minutes, here in OD. I'm on the lake, have a direct path to Sears tower, but no go so far. Can't wait till they go to full signal strength. Anyone identified Chuck's replacement yet? Is he/she online?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.