AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any idea of when lotr is to be released. this is when I buy br.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Seriously, are there no titles at all that interest you between now and Christmas (suggested launch)? I'm not saying jump in right now but not even the summer? That's an extra 6 months of BD goodness!

·
Registered
876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedlav /forum/post/0

The planned LOTR release is not the extended version. They're going for the double dip, and I for one have already been double dipped, so they can... well, you know.

...double dip you again? You know you will.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as usual - avsforum the place to get an answer... well almost an answer... as there seems to not be a definitive answer.

but as far as waiting for lotr..... I'm not ready to invest yet in br as I have bought a bunch of 1.0 video/audio/computer products and 6-12 mos later often regret this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I still haven't watched any of the Lord of The Rings movies, but once they come out on a HD DVD or Blu-ray I'll buy them. So this extended vs standard thing doesn't really bother me, I just don't wanna watch it in SD, that's all.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter81 /forum/post/0

I still haven't watched any of the Lord of The Rings movies, but once they come out on a HD DVD or Blu-ray I'll buy them.

So...how's life on Mars?

You should be in for a REAL treat, then. I think these as well as the SW Saga will be more than enough to force folks into HD Disc World. BUT, who the heck knows when we'll see either...

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's pretty hot here on Mars actually

I just never felt that urge to see any of them, so I never did. I'm sure they are excellent movies, but for some reason I just never felt like watching any of them.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango22 /forum/post/0

So...how's life on Mars?

I thought I saw another person on this planet...

I have HD versions of all three movies on hard disc that a friend lent to me, but I think one or two of them are the hacked HBO versions, so I have not watched any of them either.

·
Registered
815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV /forum/post/0

I thought I saw another person on this planet...

I have HD versions of all three movies on hard disc that a friend lent to me, but I think one or two of them are the hacked HBO versions, so I have not watched any of them either.

I thought I was the only person who never saw the 3 movies. Looking forward to watching them on Blu-ray.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Little bit off topic...Today I pop in Lotr EE to a buddy of mines. Just showing him how good the audio was. His first comment was "man that doesn't look that great anymore" Before that we were viewing a couple of blu ray discs (BHD and KOH). Its getting harder to go back to SD dvds nowadays.......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah, it's weird. You can watch a standard DVD the next day for example, and it's not that bad. But gawd...going to an SD-DVD immediately following any high def content is painful to say the least.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango22 /forum/post/9577471

I think these as well as the SW Saga will be more than enough to force folks into HD Disc World.

If George Lucas follows his usual pattern, he won't lift a finger to help grow the BR format. He'll jump in ONLY after it's big enough to make him a lot of cash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.